iPhone 4s case buying???

riley9dy

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
So I pre-ordered a white 16gb 4s last night and I'm just starting to look for cases now. Now, I know that the 4s has the same exact dimensions as the 4 but most places sell cases for the att iphone 4 and the verizon iphone 4. So will both fit on the 4s?

Phil DeLong

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
The Verizon one should I believe as I think it shares the same body, but the At&t 4 ones are slightly different. I can speak from experience of having tried to put an At&t case on my Verizon iPhone 4, the case overlaps on the buttons, unless it specifically states the case is compatible with both which some companies do offer.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I have a Speck that is for "all iPhone4" models, but I believe was designed for the VZW one. I bought it last weekend at the Apple store.

elusivmd

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
So I pre-ordered a white 16gb 4s last night and I'm just starting to look for cases now. Now, I know that the 4s has the same exact dimensions as the 4 but most places sell cases for the att iphone 4 and the verizon iphone 4. So will both fit on the 4s?

From what I hear the buttons are placed different from the AT&T IP4 and the 4S camera positioning is wider. Can anyone confirm the camera placement? Your best best is to go with a manufac that specifically states the case is compatible with the 4S.

Here is the one I'm getting! :)

iPhone 4/4S LifeProof Case - Gen 1 - LifeProof Apple Cases - LifeProof Store :: LifeProof Cases

gmz73

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
So I just wanted to share that a bought a white Replicase for my white iPhone on amazon. 4.50 with shipping so not bad. Yes it is minimal protection but the one thing I do like is the edges of the shell are just slightly above the screen so that you can actually set it face down without scratching the screen and sparing the back of the case scratches as well. The sides are clear on these shell cases. Still will be using the griffin survivor when situations call for it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
The Verizon one should I believe as I think it shares the same body, but the At&t 4 ones are slightly different. I can speak from experience of having tried to put an At&t case on my Verizon iPhone 4, the case overlaps on the buttons, unless it specifically states the case is compatible with both which some companies do offer.

My OtterBox commuter case, and Speck cases fit fine on the Verizon and AT&T version of the iPhone 4. I guess it all depends on the case.

ProMed

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I ordered an Otterbox Commuter for my 4S two days ago. They made a few changes to hem from the "4" cases. They state on their 4S Commuter case page in the FAQ that "The cases for the iPhone 4 are not compatible with iPhone 4S due to a change in the location of the device?s proximity sensor and camera lens." The 4S case has a larger back camera opening and the top & bottom tabs of hard plastic layer extend farther out to the sides as well as farther towards the front where they now turn down towards the rubber layer.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR