iPhone 4s and Signal (Tip)..

AgentHeracles

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
For those of you with a 4s on Verizon and staying in the United States. If you are having signal problems where it goes from 3G to the circle off and on then here is a tip that worked for me. 1) Turn your phone off, 2) Eject the SIM Tray, 3) Remove SIM from Tray, 4) Put back SIM Tray, 5) Turn iPhone back on and "Viola!". You then have a clear and smooth signal. This will definitely help with battery life.:cool:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
For those of you with a 4s on Verizon and staying in the United States. If you are having signal problems where it goes from 3G to the circle off and on then here is a tip that worked for me. 1) Turn your phone off, 2) Eject the SIM Tray, 3) Remove SIM from Tray, 4) Put back SIM Tray, 5) Turn iPhone back on and "Viola!". You then have a clear and smooth signal. This will definitely help with battery life.:cool:

Are you advising not to reinsert the SIM?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
That is what I am saying. Since with Verizon the SIM is needed only for Roaming outside the U.S. You can just keep the SIM card somewhere safe.

Thank you for the clarification and the tip. :) Enjoy the rest of your day.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Yes on most device you can change the network from Global to CDMA. But I have not had any signal issues to remove mine.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes on most device you can change the network from Global to CDMA. But I have not had any signal issues to remove mine.

Neither have I, but I'm for learning new things and testing certain things like that which was mentioned by the OP.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
I used to do this on BlackBerry devices though as the Global would never hold to staying off.... worth a shot eh?

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
I tried this for 24 hrs. I can say that it seems to be worse... Not sure why but I didn't even hit my avg.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Neither have I, but I'm for learning new things and testing certain things like that which was mentioned by the OP.
First off I am always in to trying new tips although I must admit in over the year I have had my 4S I have never had the SIM tray out so I had no idea that there was even a SIM there. Live and learn I suppose.
I tried this for 24 hrs. I can say that it seems to be worse... Not sure why but I didn't even hit my avg.

The only time I get a circle is in one medical bldg I go to where there is alot of metal that blocks the signal and as i move to different spots the signal come back. Otherwise I have never had signal problems.

kazmi

May 13, 2011
Visit site
phew! thought I was the only one or worse, just imagining it. The weird thing is, I don't have a SIM in the tray....so I'm not too sure that's what's causing the signal issue..