iPhone 4S 3G Sprint speeds?

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
U do need wifi to be able to do OTA. When you back up to iCloud u also need wifi. Even on this site they released a how to on how to do OTA and it requires wifi for everyone. I'm on sprint so my data is unlimited.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Reactions: verwon

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
if I were to buy a new iPhone 4S from a Sprint store would it already have the update on there or would I have to do it manually?

I believe so. At the rate the iPhone are selling im sure apple sending new inventory updated. If they dont just connect to iTunes and get it. Don't worry about this...go get your iPhone 4S

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
if I were to buy a new iPhone 4S from a Sprint store would it already have the update on there or would I have to do it manually?

All you need to do us go to settings, general, about, and it'll tell you what version you are using. If you're still on 5.0 go to update, and it should find the update, and let you update ota if you're on wifi and have enough battery. Or you can update by plugging into iTunes.

zurch

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I got this the other day in Dayton Ohio. Next time I upgrade in October of next year I'm ditching sprint probably and going with AT&T. These data speeds are crazy I'm sick of this.

zurch

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I just took this about 5 min from this post near my house. Ridiculous Sprint says what! Slow data speeds? Never! Lol whatever, they gotta know. I bet they are throttling everyone because we have unlimited data.

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Isn't there already a thread dedicated to bandwidth speed? I bet there's several examples of sprint speeds in there...or you could stop posting useless threads and finally go out and buy your own phone.

Last edited:

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I got this the other day in Dayton Ohio. Next time I upgrade in October of next year I'm ditching sprint probably and going with AT&T. These data speeds are crazy I'm sick of this.

Why not return you iPhone and get one with AT&T .. Or SELL it via eBay (for a small fortune) that practically pay for your ETF and buy you a iPhone on AT&T ... No need to wait

And I get anywhere from 3-5mpbs down and 1.5-2mbps up in a Cleveland suburb during peaks hours like now lol

Last edited:

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Well I don't know what the issue is with your OTAs, but mine works over 3G. No way to prove it until the next update. The only difference, my account is a developer account.

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Well I don't know what the issue is with your OTAs, but mine works over 3G. No way to prove it until the next update. The only difference, my account is a developer account.

That may explain it, then!

Wasn't trying to say you needed to prove it, just thought it was odd! LOL

NoMoCentro

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Sprint 3G in Eagan, MN = 3 bars

FCC speed test:
DLD = 0.16 Mbps
ULD = 0.18 Mbps
Latency = 3380 ms

Speedtest.net:
DLD = 0.42 Mbps
ULD = 0.21 Mbps
Ping = 111 ms

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Ur right I should just sell mine on eBay and pay the eta and got to AT&T it's sooooo slow where I live.

I was going to do the same thing, but because I have 3 lines, after it was all said and done, and I bought new phones, sold my old ones, It would have cost me like $500. If I had the extra cash right now, I would have, but it's just not in the cards at the moment with my wife 8 months pregnant.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro