iPhone 4G sim question

jeffh6249

Feb 12, 2021
Visit site
How could I swap SIM cards from an iPhone XS, which is 4G and under contract with Verizon (my daily use phone) to a Samsung 5G phone that is paid in full (and not being used) I called Verizon customer service yesterday and they told me that they don’t recommend this and it could “cause problems down the road with the 5G service” ?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
How could I swap SIM cards from an iPhone XS, which is 4G and under contract with Verizon (my daily use phone) to a Samsung 5G phone that is paid in full (and not being used) I called Verizon customer service yesterday and they told me that they don’t recommend this and it could “cause problems down the road with the 5G service” ?

I don’t understand what’s the issue.
Simply take out the card from the iPhone and insert it in the Samsung. That’s all there is to it.

When your contract is 5G eligible, simply enable 5G through your carrier and you’re done.

“cause problems down the road with the 5G service” yeah right

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I have no experience with Verizon, and I have no detailed idea how their network works.

If I use my own experience with Bell and TELUS, who had a similar 3G technology to Verizon (CDMA), you might not have 3G service. The two first carriers changed their 3G technology in the 3G lifetime though.
In areas without 4G or 5G, you'll be without any service, where your Verizon iPhone might have had 3G.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2