iPhone 4 Weak Vibration...Cure?

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I really like my new iP4, and in most areas it beats my previous models clearly...except one.

The vibration mode of my iP4, when the ringer is set to silent, is twice as low as my 3GS was, and is barely noticeable. I must keep my phone ringer on vibrate during my workday...and I am missing many important calls because of this glitch.

I realize the iP4 is more solidly made than the 3GS and that dampens the vibration, but isn't there some way of increasing the power of the vibration?

jakej914

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
There's definitely no way to make the vibration stronger. IMO, all iPhones have had kinda a weak vibe. I think it's both a good and a bad thing. Good because people across the room don't know your phone just vibrated, which is the opposite of what it's supposed to do. Bad because, like you said, when you have it on vibe, you aren't always likely to feel it.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
You would think that the engineering folk at Apple could have allowed for the structural differences & simply have a newer more powerful vibe actuator onboard. You would think..

cking1786

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I could be way off base here, but if your phone is across the room, why would it be on vibrate? Why wouldn't you keep your phone with you if you had to have the ringer silenced? I put it on vibrate and feel it when its in my pocket or hear it when it's on the table next to me. No need for it to saw through my table...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro