iPhone 4 to 5 Any Regrets?

FurryWeasel

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have a couple of issues with my iPhone 5. The first is the screen height. I have to 'shuffle' the phone in my hand to reach the top when using it one handed and that makes me nervous. Also, I have some visual glitches now and then that I hear are related to the OS. I hope that will be fixed with the next update. Other than those two things I love my new phone.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I upgraded from a JB iPhone 4 and I LOVE it! The speed is unreal, the battery life is so much better, the camera is so much better. It is truly what an iPhone experience is supposed to be like. On the iPhone 4 there were certain apps I didn't use a lot like Facebook, Safari and a few others that just sucked memory. So usually I had about 4 apps running in the background and the speed of the iPhone was good. Now I don't have to worry about that anymore and to me that is really what I want to be able to do. I want to be able to open something do what I'm doing and get out. Eventually if you open a bazillion things the device is going to slow down but having 8 or 12 apps in the system tray my iPhone 5 is still blazing fast.

I do have annoyances since I came from a JB but that has to do with iOS and nothing to do with the iPhone 5 itself. Coming from BiteSMS answering iMessage is now a pain and the god awful album art on the lock screen I have never seen the point of that. These are the two biggest annoyances for me but if you ask me would I put up with it for the hardware well I have it so I guess that answers the question ;)

May 10, 2011
Visit site
None except for the lousy antenna. Wifi is not as strong and the cell antenna is much weaker than on my 4. I'm consistently at No Service at home when I used to at least get two bars consistently. I know many are hoping a software patch will fix this but that didn't fix the 4's antenna problems so I'm not getting my hopes up.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
No regrets - love the thin design, light weight and extra screen real estate. Plus I quite like the aluminum housing vs all glass. Screen is beautiful - richer color. Battery life is amazing. LTE. What's not to love??? ;)

lenmac08#IM

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
"I love my IPhone 4. Never an issue. Has been a great device. Ordered 3 iPhone 5s and expecting Nov.14-20 but check status daily to tourture myself. I'm excited about iPhone 5 just a bit nervous with some of the postings. I want to have a similar experience I've come to expect since my 3GS. I've never been disappointed with any Apple device. Thanks for the feedback."

is this what Apple is telling everyone? Nov 14-20th? Mine is the same? Mass mailings that week from China?

Edmilan

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
No regrets here either, except maybe for the space. I had a 32gb 4S and now only a 16gb 5. The 32gb was out of stock when i got this, should've waited.

iVazz

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Happy with my upgrade. Went from the white iPhone 4S 16 GB to the black iPhone 5 32 GB model.

Sadly tho, I cracked the screen on my new iPhone within 48hrs of getting it as I wasn't used to the lighter weight of the 5 and didn't have a case for it yet.

Sent from the dark recesses of my mind using Tapatalk.

Apple4ever2011

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Got mine Launch Day... No Regrets whatsoever.... a Few Bugs and Glitches....Not Really a Phone issue.. would have had it with my iPhone 4S or 4.... People need to separate iOS issue and phone issue... I Luv my i5

edwinmiller

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I am not sure if I need to upgrade or not. I am happy with my 4S and I really love it. I have been mesmerized with iPhone 5?s bigger screen and thinner body but other than that there are no major introductions in iPhone 5. And recently I have heard about various problems which are arising with iOS 6 and hence I have decided to bunk the idea of upgradation .

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
No regrets for me either. Got my first iPhone 4 a year and a half ago, not even 4 months later upgraded to the 4S and now im at the 5. Apple has yet to disappoint me with their iphones. I love my iPhone 5 no regrets here.

Apple4ever2011

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I am not sure if I need to upgrade or not. I am happy with my 4S and I really love it. I have been mesmerized with iPhone 5?s bigger screen and thinner body but other than that there are no major introductions in iPhone 5. And recently I have heard about various problems which are arising with iOS 6 and hence I have decided to bunk the idea of upgradation .

you do know you that it's an iOS 6 Bug you mentioned... so said issue you spoke of is not really an iPhone 5 issue but an OS issue... Should not really effect a iPhone 5 upgrade.... I'm just saying...

berry_addict

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
I went from 4 to 5. So far ! Wow !! Bigger screen, better camera. Not talking about the weight !

I'm using an Otterbox case, the commuter. No screen protector.

I'm planning on selling my iPhone 4 16Gb black.

jmendel33

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
It was a struggle for me between the 4s and the 5, i had a jailbroken 4 and the only thing that was really giving me a struggle was no jailbreak for the 5 and ios 6, im so glad i went with the 5, i love it and the jailbreak will come in time and i dont really mind ios6

mrnserv

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Glad I did. Was using iPhone 4 as secondary business phone and HTC One X as primary personal phone. Upgraded iPhone 4 to iPhone 5 and within a week swapped the lines to use iPhone 5 as primary personal phone and HTC One X as secondary phone. I liked the 5 much better that 4, faster and screen just big enough to make it perfect size for a phone. Much better to use all the time than the 4 in my opinion. Glad I switched or I'd still be using an Android as my daily phone and the iPhone 4 for limited business use. Even bought my wife one a week later.

Moe2005

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
No regrets coming from a 4S. The bigger screen is definitely a plus. Along with the black/slate combo and no glass back that is vulnerable to shattering.

Sent from my iPhone

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh