iPhone 4 Reception Issue Is Not That Bad

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
But Jello i'm not so sure that it is an AT&T issue with their signals. Like I stated I NEVER had this problem with my 3g.

I know, it's the way this new antenna interacts with the signal. Either way it's harder to reproduce with a stronger signal, that's what I'm getting at.

big9erfan
That's why I pointed out Google's response that the Nexus One just doesn't go in pockets... I find that response even more ridiculous.

I know that it gets more attention because it's on a wider scale, however I just don't get why people individually recognize this as a bigger issue than the issues that other phones are having. I can avoid covering a tiny sliver on a phone, even if I held it left-handed I could avoid that spot easily. I can't always avoid putting a phone in my pocket, or pressing 75% of the capacitive buttons below the screen. I also can't magically see 800x480 on a screen which won't display the resolution it's supposed to.

Also it's kind of annoying how Google refuses to even address the Nexus One's issues and simply pretend they don't exist.

cmikhow#AC

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Let's look at all of the hardware issues for a comparable flagship phone, shall we?

The funny thing is, Google doesn't even bother to address N1 issues anymore. They have a whole message board dedicated to it, and they used to respond to issues and try to fix them, now they don't give a shvt. How many months has it been since the Nexus One was released!? And they've already abandoned the damn thing.

Also, Google's response to the N1's screen cracking was even more ludicrous than Steve's "don't hold it that way" response. They said the Nexus One simply "doesn't *go* in pockets". What the fvck is that? Does that mean I have to carry the god damn thing in my third hand all the time?

And, what about the fvcking buttons, 75% of the buttons do not work when you press them. You have to hit them in the top 25% or you're not getting anywhere, and let's not forget the screen, showing 30% less pixels than it's supposed to.

When you compare iPhone 4's 1 issue (which may soon be fixed) to these issues, it doesn't seem like such a big effing deal. The only reason it gets so much attention is that ... *Shocker!*... iPhone actually sells.

Fanboy rage is so unneccessary, the bottom line is all phones have problems but this one is pretty large especially for Apple a company that prides itself on it's flawless build.

When Toyota had to do a recall for all those cars that had the brake issue people were up in arms because, Toyota, a company rose to success based on the sheer fact that they built quality was not supposed to make mistakes.

While GM/Ford/Chrysler have recalls on a monthly basis, no one expects those cars to be built with quality.

The antenna thing, and how Apple has dealt with it is bull**** plain and simple. They've screwed the consumer and it's pretty disappointing.

cmikhow#AC

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
LOL...how's it go? Hate the people not the phone....or is it the other way around?

Android is good to have around for the competition but their fanbase get on my last nerve.

You'll probably hear more people say this about iPhone fanboys, than Android ones.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
big9erfan
That's why I pointed out Google's response that the Nexus One just doesn't go in pockets... I find that response even more ridiculous.

I know that it gets more attention because it's on a wider scale, however I just don't get why people individually recognize this as a bigger issue than the issues that other phones are having. I can avoid covering a tiny sliver on a phone, even if I held it left-handed I could avoid that spot easily. I can't always avoid putting a phone in my pocket, or pressing 75% of the capacitive buttons below the screen. I also can't magically see 800x480 on a screen which won't display the resolution it's supposed to.

Also it's kind of annoying how Google refuses to even address the Nexus One's issues and simply pretend they don't exist.

Jobs has had so many different replies ..."There is no antenna issue" ring a bell? Right now we don't really know where Apple stands on the issue, his last comment was "stay tuned".

You'd be surprised how you can try to "avoid" the area and then notice your signal is half of what it usually is. I like my iPhone but I'm not going to say it's not a problem. I like to hold my phone in my left hand, and support it in a cupping manner with my palm. That often has a nasty effect on my signal. To say "just don't do it like that", it's right. To say you can avoid doing it like that, sometimes yes, sometimes no. Sometimes I pick up my phone and wake it and see I have 1 bar when I usually have full bars. It's disheartening, and it most certainly effects calls and data.

At least my case will be here in 2 days and that should help, a bit...

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
LOL...how's it go? Hate the people not the phone....or is it the other way around?

Android is good to have around for the competition but their fanbase get on my last nerve.

Agreed. The thing that bugs me the most is that they insist that anyone who likes Apple products is a lemming, and that Android fans are impervious from that status, simply because Android still isn't a viable consumer platform, and therefore, doesn't sell as well as iPhone.

cmikhow
This isn't fanboy rage... I just find this interesting.

Sorry for the swearing, I got it from my mama. It doesn't denote 'rage' for me, I just swear a lot.

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Jello that link you quoted didn't really say that Jobs acknowledged there was a problem with the antenna. It looked to me like he was saying there wasn't.....

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Jello that link you quoted didn't really say that Jobs acknowledged there was a problem with the antenna. It looked to me like he was saying there wasn't.....

He said "stay tuned" as in, "you'll see [why there is no reception issue]".

That to me sounds like a promise that it can and will be fixed.

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
He said "stay tuned" as in, "you'll see [why there is no reception issue]".

That to me sounds like a promise that it can and will be fixed.

Ok maybe I wasn't reading into it that much :p hopfully something comes soon to fix it....one off topic question, when you shake your phone do you get some kind of a ratteling noise?

mo98

Feb 24, 2010
Visit site
Apple is getting criticism for the same reason that athletes like Terrell Owens gets criticism. They draw a lot of attention to themselves, boast about their abilities, and create the perception that they are the best at what they do.

So when they drop a pass in a big time situation in an important game, they get criticized more harshly because they ran their mouth so much in the first place.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Apple is getting criticism for the same reason that athletes like Terrell Owens gets criticism. They draw a lot of attention to themselves, boast about their abilities, and create the perception that they are the best at what they do.

So when they drop a pass in a big time situation in an important game, they get criticized more harshly because they ran their mouth so much in the first place.

Every company thinks their innovations are the best. Samsung just finished smack-talking Apple about their screen tech. Microsoft constantly says they are the best when even they do not believe it.

People pay attention to Apple's presentations a LOT more, but Apple didn't talk about, acknowledge, or even allude to the competition in their keynote this year, besides saying that they think their product is the best (which is something every single company does, why wouldn't you say that?). Apple's presentations are no more egotistical, and exaggerate no further than any other company, in fact most of the time they do much less exaggerating (short of calling the iPad 'magical').

If a company doesn't believe in their own product why the heck would I buy shares in it?

mo98

Feb 24, 2010
Visit site
Apple's presentations are no more egotistical, and exaggerate no further than any other company
I've heard other companies announce products, and I completely disagree with that. I have a 3GS so I'm not a hater, but I consider myself a realist. Jobbs is more full of himself than most, and Apple intentionally creates more hype than most.

I can be a Dallas Cowboys fan and still think that Jerry Jones is full of himself. I can be a Dallas Mavericks fan and still believe the Mark Cuban makes a fool of himself.

Apple puts off an arrogance that I can't say I really see in too many other companies. Some people really like that and that's why they become product loyal to Apple. I just don't like it, but I will still buy the phone the best fits my needs and wants at the moment.

You can believe in your product and still be humble about it. It is possible.

scottdoc718

Jul 9, 2008
Visit site

Are you serious? Comparing Apple to TO? Ha. TO doesnt get critisized for dropping passes. He gets crtisized for being a horrible teammate. He is a cancer in the locker room. Did he leave Philly and Dallas because he dropped passes? No. :D

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I've heard other companies announce products, and I completely disagree with that. I have a 3GS so I'm not a hater, but I consider myself a realist. Jobbs is more full of himself than most, and Apple intentionally creates more hype than most.

I can be a Dallas Cowboys fan and still think that Jerry Jones is full of himself. I can be a Dallas Mavericks fan and still believe the Mark Cuban makes a fool of himself.

Apple puts off an arrogance that I can't say I really see in too many other companies. Some people really like that and that's why they become product loyal to Apple. I just don't like it, but I will still buy the phone the best fits my needs and wants at the moment.

You can believe in your product and still be humble about it. It is possible.

Companies bash Apple left and right. Look at the Droid X ad that just came out, in fact the entire Droid series of ads is really based on the iPhone, with Verizon trying to say "we're bettar" at every chance they get. It's a hell of a lot worse than Steve Jobs' keynotes, which have nothing to do with advertisement, in my opinion.

mo98

Feb 24, 2010
Visit site
scottdoc,

The only reason I brought up TO was to make the point that Apple is getting harsh criticism because they hype up their products so much (ie run their mouths like TO).

TO got more criticism when he dropped a pass than when Witten would drop a pass. Why? Because TO runs his mouth more. Why does Apple get more criticism than other companies who also have hardware issues? Because they run their mouths more.

You reap what you sow.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Are you serious? Comparing Apple to TO? Ha. TO doesnt get critisized for dropping passes.

What sports shows are you watching? Absolutely he gets slammed on his inferior hands. The other reasons you listed are also mentioned heavily, but to state that his hands are never talked about is silly.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
scottdoc,

The only reason I brought up TO was to make the point that Apple is getting harsh criticism because they hype up their products so much (ie run their mouths like TO).

TO got more criticism when he dropped a pass than when Witten would drop a pass. Why? Because TO runs his mouth more. Why does Apple get more criticism than other companies who also have hardware issues? Because they run their mouths more.

You reap what you sow.

These other companies are no more modest than Apple, look at Verizon / Moto, with their "Droid does" campaign. It's basically a "mine's bigger" or "I'm bettar den yew" campaign... People just pay more attention to Apple.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW