Iphone 4 no sim card tray

I

iMore Question

Dear apple IPhone,

My Sister from United State send me an Iphone4 . It has internet connection but I cannot use it as a phone because there was no sim card tray installed on it...Please help me with this problem. I want to put my own sim card on the phone but no simcard tray...

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
I'm sure you can purchase a SIM card tray at any phone location. Make sure it's unlocked and put whatever SIM card u need for your carrier. GL

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You're on fire today Sean!!

It's just a matter of becoming tired of seeing the complete lack of effort people put forth before they come asking for help. I mean if you searched and found this community and took the time to present such a question...how on EARTH did searching for a SIM tray elude ones course of thought.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
It's just a matter of becoming tired of seeing the complete lack of effort people put forth before they come asking for help. I mean if you searched and found this community and took the time to present such a question...how on EARTH did searching for a SIM tray elude ones course of thought.

Lol! So true but sadly that's the world we live in nowadays

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
To the OP, are you saying that the phone doesn't have a place for the SIM Card at all (which would be the case if the phone was a Verizon phone, for example)?

If that is the case, you will not be able to use it outside the US.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
OP, if you're talking about the SIM slot itself (not just the tray as you implied)...you have a CDMA device which doesn't use a SIM card, and can only be used on CDMA networks (Verizon and Sprint in the US).

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
To the OP, are you saying that the phone doesn't have a place for the SIM Card at all (which would be the case if the phone was a Verizon phone, for example)?

If that is the case, you will not be able to use it outside the US.
I am sorry but not true with VZW... My 4S and now my 5S has a SIM slot and tray and in fact with the Pin for it. I have never opened the slot but will next time I take off my case just to look but had no reason prior just to see if there is even a card in the tray.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
OP, if you're talking about the SIM slot itself (not just the tray as you implied)...you have a CDMA device which doesn't use a SIM card, and can only be used on CDMA networks (Verizon and Sprint in the US).
Of course Yes all true but my 4S and 5S has a SIM slot and tray.

UPDATE: Just took my case off and not only does it have the tray and slot but a VZW branded SIM in it.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I am sorry but not true with VZW... My 4S and now my 5S has a SIM slot and tray and in fact with the Pin for it. I have never opened the slot but will next time I take off my case just to look but had no reason prior just to see if there is even a card in the tray.

iPhone 4 did not have the slot...4S was the first to have it with Verizon (and Sprint from what I recall)...for use with international networks.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site

But the OP is talking about a iPhone 4 which does not have a SIM Card or a SIM card tray if it is a Verizon (or Sprint) phone.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
But the OP is talking about a iPhone 4 which does not have a SIM Card or a SIM card tray if it is a Verizon (or Sprint) phone.
Yep good catch. I stand corrected as far as not seeing that. That is what happens when too many like me..lol try to help and as many things as we read, Sometimes you miss something, Thanks for bringing it to my attn.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
No slot means it's a CDMA model if your missing just the tray buy one ..

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW