iPhone 4 near to death!

Authentic90

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I got this iPhone 4 from a friend and since I am an Apple lover, I accepted it although it was dead. Now, here's scenario. I have no idea what this phone has been through, upgraded or not upgraded and stuff like that and neither I have the SHSH blobs of this phone. All I know that this is an iphone which does not turns on itself but I have to connect it to my computer for it to boot.

Now, the phone is stuck in boot loop and doesnt seem to get out of it for like ever. I can get into the DFU mode but all in vain. When I try to Recovery Fix it with redsn0w, all the process happens but in the end, 'WAITING FOR REBOOT' comes on redsn0w and the phone is back in the boot loop.

I have tried everything like TinyUmbrella, Recboot, iFun and other softwares but it remains in the boot loop.

I have no idea what ios it has or to what it was upgraded. Redsn0w gives the following:-

Based on the last time this iPhone 4 connected in DFU mode:

CPID: 8930
CPRV: 20
CPFM: 03
SCEP: 01
BDID: 00
ECID: 0000029880044D4C
IBFL: 00
SRTG: [iBoot-574.4]

Rest, I'll let the experts give their opinion on this.

Thanks

AMosha

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Looks like a tethered jailbreak was used on this device. Which typically requires Redsn0w to boot the device, but from recollection there may have been older firmware that could be tethered using different software.

Unless you require the phone to be unlocked. You could connect the device using iTunes and perform a fresh restore. This will update the iPhone to the latest version and typically solves any issues related to jailbreaking, but you will lose the ability to jailbreak till software is announced for the latest firmware to do so.

I'm also presuming you won't require any data from the previous owner. Might help if you asked if this is unusual.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR