iphone 4 jailbreak ios6. is it tethered or not?

OlegWasHere

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
i read that on beta it was only tethered. but i just used the same jailbreak for the gm and i dont think it is.

installed cydia through ssh went to shut off the phone to restart and did not need to hit just book or even start redsnow.
so im confused.

edit: it is def iOS6 but in cydia says 5.1.1r1

Last edited:

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Is it semi-tethered? If so it would boot untethered, but you wouldn't be able to use any jb apps/tweaks until you did a tethered boot.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
maybe it was a respring? im not sure how cydia installs via terminal as i have never installed anything via terminal before
but the jailbreak is most assuredly tethered

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Guys,

Do you know if the 5.1.1 signing window is still open?

Thanks

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Excellent! So you got it working then. Did you do this with Winscp to install Cydia after applying the jailbreak via redsn0w? Also is that the latest version or beta version? Let me know as I'm going to give it a try?

Cydia will update soon enough to show a SHSH 6 blob. The 5.1.1r one is the second version of 5.1.1 that apple had to release for the iPhone 4. I remember this because that came out just when the new absinthe came out, therefore causing loads of problems because absinthe wasn't compatible with it. So they had to release again to support it. It caused loads of people problems back then.

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

OlegWasHere

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
yes i got it too work.

i havent really installed anything else because thats really only one of the things i did.
plus i gave this phone to my mom since i have the 5 now.

i did use winscp to install cydia via ssh.

according to the folder its redsn0w 0.9.13dev4
also had to download iphone3,1_6.0_A403 Restore and point too it.
then just set up the phone as usual via icloud backup.

did this all on windows 7 64bit btw.

did you get it too work since you sig says posted from jailbroken iphone 4?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
yeah but the thing is, you are implying that the iphone4 jailbreak is not tethered. which it UNDOUBTEDLY IS TETHERED...

OlegWasHere

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
yeah but the thing is, you are implying that the iphone4 jailbreak is not tethered. which it UNDOUBTEDLY IS TETHERED...

yes im saying that i shut off the phone and restarted it without having it plugged in whatsoever.

it didnt have the pineapple logo but cydia is still on the phone and sbs setting still works.

thats why i was confused because like you i read that it was tethered only at the moment. but clearly not in my case.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal