iPhone 4 issue

krs160

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Hello there,

Having recently purchased a damaged iPhone 4 and new screen I thought I'd have a go at the repair myself. All went fine with the disassembly and installation of the new screen and re assembly, well so I thought.

The phone will no longer turn on. I have held the power and home button with no luck. I connected it to the computer (pc) and nothing for some time. Then all of a sudden in iTunes I had a message that the phone was in recovery mode and an update was needed! Great and so I left it to update for the 45 minutes. At the end of the update it came up with an error code 3004! Since this I am unable to get any connection to iTunes or infact the computer.

Please advise on where perhaps I went wrong and what I should do moving forward!

Many thanks in advance!

Chris

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
You might have done something internally during the repair or you can try and see if you can place the phone in DFU mode to recover or see if you can plug it back into iTunes and reset as new.

krs160

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your quick response, could you advise what I could have done internally and what to look out for. Also what is DFU and how to I put the phone into it?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro