iphone 4 insurance

owenrg

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I got a text from att telling me about their insurance plan at 13$ a month. the guy on the phone told me i just download the "phone protection" app and it's all done through that. I went to the app store and didn't see anything that looked official. I looked though the other insurance apps and am wondering if any of them are legit. The first one I looked at was "protect iPhone 4less" where the company "square trade" gives it to you for 5.99/month at a 50$ deductible per claim. The downside is that they replace your phone with NEW two year contract. so if i break my phone i'm stuck with ATT for another two years from the break?

I'm just wondering if there are any other iphone "insurers" out there that are any good. I've never had insurance on my other iphone and it wasn't a problem. I'm just curious.

Thanks

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I've got both my iPhone 4s through SquareTrade. Great customer service, and WAY cheaper in the long run than AT&T's insurance. They replace your phone with a new iPhone, or the money to go buy one new, no contract necessary.

owenrg

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I've got both my iPhone 4s through SquareTrade. Great customer service, and WAY cheaper in the long run than AT&T's insurance. They replace your phone with a new iPhone, or the money to go buy one new, no contract necessary.

In their app description it says "if it can't be fixed, we will reimburse you the cost of getting a replacement phone with a new 2-year contract with your carrier, up to $599"

i interpreted it as it's cheaper with att to get a new phone if you re-up your contract, but i guess they're just saying they'll make sure you're on a 2 year contract before they give it back to you?

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I guess, they are making sure that they pay the least amount for the phone. It would eat your "early" or "standard" upgrade pricing were you eligible for either at the time the device needed to be replaced.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner