iPhone 4 home button

chrisoldroyd

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I have had every model of the iPhone so far and never noticed this before so I am a little concerned that my iPhone 4 may be faulty, when I place my finger end flat on the home button it has a very slight movement right to left, all my other ones have been solid, is this normal on this model or do you think it could be loose and a future problem in the making.

Thanks
Chris

Nellybelly333

Jan 20, 2009
Visit site
I have had every model of the iPhone so far and never noticed this before so I am a little concerned that my iPhone 4 may be faulty, when I place my finger end flat on the home button it has a very slight movement right to left, all my other ones have been solid, is this normal on this model or do you think it could be loose and a future problem in the making.

I would bring it to an Apple store. If you wait too long they will not replace it for you if it is actual problem. Just checked my 2 year old 3G and there is no movement. Sounds like a random hardware mishap.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Mass production even for Apple can have a few quirks now and then. My only downside is I ordered from an AT&T store and really should have gone back to the Apple store to order.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
That's the case with mine as well. Didn't realize
that was an issue. Does this happen to anyone
else with i4s?

card0124

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Mine is solid I tried sliding, pushing on only one side, and wiggling in all directions and no clicking or feeling of it being loose.

isaac65

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
Mine is loose as well. I called an Apple Store and asked if this would be covered under the warranty and she said it sure would be. Should I wait to take it in to see if Apple starts releasing new hardware with the antenna issue fixed?

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Both my girlfriend and I have a little play with the home button on our iPhone 4s. I checked my 3GS ( it's getting boxed up and shipped out this morning ) and it's rock solid.

I'll wait to see how the button changes ( if it changes ) before I go looking to swap it. A little play in the home button really doesn't freak me out.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Mne is solid but my assistants has some play. I played with some at the Apple and half of play and the others dont.

cosby

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
My home button stopped working entirely within 8 hours of receiving my iPhone4. Pre-ordered it at the AT&T store on the 15th, first in line the morning of arrival on the 24th, it worked fine all morning then I noticed I had to start pressing the home button a little harder each time. By 5pm it was unresponsive. AT&T asked me to go to the Apple Store (since AT&T had 0 stock) and they replaced it immediately. No problems since. I did not notice if the home button was loose or not on the first phone. The new one is solid.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods