Iphone 4 Help needed

I

iMore Question

Hello Devs,

my friend has brought me a iphone 4 orange uk version which was working fine in there. but, somehow coming back to india, he accidently updated this iphone 4 to ios 7 and now this phone has stuck into setup. I cant use my sim in india until unless i carrier unlock this device. I am new to iphone and would really want to fix this up.
Please help me and guide me to get this device on. right now i have not inserted any sim card in the phone. tons of appreciation in advance.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
When he updated the phone it broke the unlock, meaning it was a software unlock NOT hardware. You're options are to have the original carrier unlock it or purchase an unlock online for your iPhone 4

Chargehammer

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Hello Devs,

my friend has brought me a iphone 4 orange uk version which was working fine in there. but, somehow coming back to india, he accidently updated this iphone 4 to ios 7 and now this phone has stuck into setup. I cant use my sim in india until unless i carrier unlock this device. I am new to iphone and would really want to fix this up.
Please help me and guide me to get this device on. right now i have not inserted any sim card in the phone. tons of appreciation in advance.

There is possibly one other option. Download TinyUmbrella or iFaith and connect the device. Use either of these to see if it has any of the saved SHSH blobs/Aptickets saved. If so, you may be able to downgrade the phone to a signed iOS 6.1.2 or lower and then re-unlock the phone after you jailbreak it. This is a very complex way though so I would recommend looking for a video tutorial on YouTube or finding a step-by-step walkthrough online.

Since it was a jailbroken unlock, not a carrier unlock, the chances of having the saved SHSH blobs and apticket for a jailbreakable firmware are very high. Good luck my friend.

***This will only get you to a jailbreakable firmware, not an unlockable baseband. My bad. Sorry.

Last edited:

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
There is possibly one other option. Download TinyUmbrella or iFaith and connect the device. Use either of these to see if it has any of the saved SHSH blobs/Aptickets saved. If so, you may be able to downgrade the phone to a signed iOS 6.1.2 or lower and then re-unlock the phone after you jailbreak it. This is a very complex way though so I would recommend looking for a video tutorial on YouTube or finding a step-by-step walkthrough online.

Since it was a jailbroken unlock, not a carrier unlock, the chances of having the saved SHSH blobs and apticket for a jailbreakable firmware are very high. Good luck my friend.

Once the baseband is updated, it is NOT downgradable, even if the OP is able to downgrade to iOS 6.1.2 it will still have the iOS 7 baseband which is not software unlockable.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod Touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Chargehammer

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Ah, this is correct. Sorry, disregard that post then. Completely forgot that the basebands can't be downgraded.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner