iphone 4 dead :(.....need help!

darkpurple92

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys. I need your urgent help!! A week ago my iphone 4's button stopped working...The phone was fine and i tried to press it a couple of times ( quite hard) and yesterday the phone just crashed and, no matter what i do ( button pressed, charger plugged) it won't open so i am assuming that, by pressing the button like an ***** that i am, i damaged the motherboard.....( yay for stupidity!) What i am needing help with, are the contacts...Basically, Apple never thought of implementing a save contacts on SIM thingie and now ( i don't even know if i backed up my phone since the last contacts...again, STUPID) i have no contacts....So...what can i do? I can't afford a new iphone and if i change the motherboard, all will be lost as i might not have backed up :(....So pls guys is there a solution to this? Can a service fix it so i can back it up at least? I so wanted to back it up but i don't know why the heck i did not do it :(......

darkpurple92

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
A year and a half....And the assurance or guarantee or how u call it it's gone.....bastards only assured it for a year :( But that's not the point. All i want is for them to be able to start my phone so i can back it up. then i don't care....i'll raise money for another and use a Nokia....

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Then the only solution really is to get it repaired... But I would get a 5S now if I were you..

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

thereassaad

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Look press the power & home wait 10 sec then ur phone got to DFU then use laptop go to itunes then doing new software restore hope this help u

BSUNesto

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
The button doesn't sit on the motherboard, so no damage there. It's been my experience in repairing phones that some home button issues are caused by the charging port instead of the actual physical button. If the port was going bad, it could have effected the home button and made you think that was the problem. In all actuality, your phone may just be dead because it cannot charge. Have your phone tested, then repaired, and it should boot right up. Also, an option for contacts is google contacts. I keep all my contacts there, and sync them to my phone automatically, that way if I lose my phone, or buy a new one, or change to a different brand, my contacts are on a server and all I have to do is log into my account on the new phone and they automatically sync. I can also access my contacts from a computer if I choose. Good luck!

Nerd

darkpurple92

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
The button doesn't sit on the motherboard, so no damage there. It's been my experience in repairing phones that some home button issues are caused by the charging port instead of the actual physical button. If the port was going bad, it could have effected the home button and made you think that was the problem. In all actuality, your phone may just be dead because it cannot charge. Have your phone tested, then repaired, and it should boot right up. Also, an option for contacts is google contacts. I keep all my contacts there, and sync them to my phone automatically, that way if I lose my phone, or buy a new one, or change to a different brand, my contacts are on a server and all I have to do is log into my account on the new phone and they automatically sync. I can also access my contacts from a computer if I choose. Good luck!

Nerd

Apparently the battery was completely dead.... After leaving it for a while, i tried charging again wishing for a sign and voila! i have my phone bk ^_^ But i need to repair the button:( and it costs me quite a lot for a button:(....but i'll see if i have money to fix it. Ty anyway ^_^

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

darkpurple92

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site

Nerd

what app do u recommend pls? for syncing??

BSUNesto

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
There are a few apps available to sync contacts to my phone from google, but I don't use any of them. I use the built in sync in iOS to sync my contacts from the server. Under settings, go to "mail, contacts and calendars", then add an account, click other, CardDav. Enter your google credentials to log in, enter "google.com" as the server. All your contacts should now sync to google and be available in gmail and any other google app that you need from your desktop. If you get a new iphone, or switch to android or Windows, you can sync your contacts easily by just logging into your google account in settings. You'll never lose any contacts again, ever, no matter what happens to your phone in the future.

Nerd

darkpurple92

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
iOS itself will sync to any mail account that supports syncing of contacts - no additional apps needed.

Ty for ur intention with helping but unfortunately i am not in america or any other normal country tht sells phones to a small price :) If i lose this phone again i will b needing to see my contacts to write then in an old phone like Nokia or smth like tht :) i can't afford to buy a new iPhone as they r hell and retardedly expensive in this bulls***t country called Romania :)

So that's why i needed an app but i will try the email thing

darkpurple92

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
There are a few apps available to sync contacts to my phone from google, but I don't use any of them. I use the built in sync in iOS to sync my contacts from the server. Under settings, go to "mail, contacts and calendars", then add an account, click other, CardDav. Enter your google credentials to log in, enter "google.com" as the server. All your contacts should now sync to google and be available in gmail and any other google app that you need from your desktop. If you get a new iphone, or switch to android or Windows, you can sync your contacts easily by just logging into your google account in settings. You'll never lose any contacts again, ever, no matter what happens to your phone in the future.

Nerd

Ok i will try the mail thing ^_^ ty

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Ty for ur intention with helping but unfortunately i am not in america or any other normal country tht sells phones to a small price :) If i lose this phone again i will b needing to see my contacts to write then in an old phone like Nokia or smth like tht :) i can't afford to buy a new iPhone as they r hell and retardedly expensive in this bulls***t country called Romania :)

So that's why i needed an app but i will try the email thing

Please watch your language. Profanity and offensive words are not needed.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
There is a feature in accessibility in settings that puts a home button on your screen. You would still need to use the top button to turn the phone on. But the home button on the screen would help. Go to accessibility and turn on "Assistive Touch". That should work until you can get it fixed.

Sent from from my iPhone 5

darkpurple92

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
There is a feature in accessibility in settings that puts a home button on your screen. You would still need to use the top button to turn the phone on. But the home button on the screen would help. Go to accessibility and turn on "Assistive Touch". That should work until you can get it fixed.

Sent from from my iPhone 5

It's ok ty i fixed it ^_^ it's all good now.

NoPhoneNoLife

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, I have the same problem, iphone 4 dead, press everthing u want, buttons, try everythink, youtube movies, but still doesn't work, so, what the first problem for this is, meybe battery dead? charging parts? motherboard or something, what u recommend for me to do first of everything to get phone back. Thanks, answer here or private messege. Thank youuuuu.

Yap, I always can give it to people who repair iphones, but I have tools ant want to do myself with you help
Thanks
A

zeyned

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
There is no use of iPhone 4 now as the iOS8 Is not going to work in it. So I would recommend you to take new iPhone4S, iPhone5 or iPhone5S. But I would get it repaired as I'am not that rich to take iPhones frequently. 😊

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal