iphone 4 communication

kdenkers

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I just got my iphone 4 last night. One of the main reasons I wanted an iphone was to communicate with my family overseas who all have iphones. My question is, can we message another iphone over seas without any international charges? Sort of like the BBM for blackberry?

Thanks!

BParker4381

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
If I am not mistaking your can using iMessage because it is not using your carriers texting service to deliver the message it is using your data/internet connection. Anyone confirm this?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Yes iMessage uses data not texting same with FaceTime as long as your on wifi iMessage you dont have to be on wifi thou

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I just got my iphone 4 last night. One of the main reasons I wanted an iphone was to communicate with my family overseas who all have iphones. My question is, can we message another iphone over seas without any international charges? Sort of like the BBM for blackberry?

Thanks!

Yes you can but be aware they all must have iOS 5 installed on their iPhones for iMessage to work. Make sure this is the case before you start firing off messages.

jlb21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Yes, but also make sure you turn OFF the setting that lets the message go as SMS TXT if iMessage is not available. If for whatever reason iMessage communication gets dropped, you dont want to be surprised with charges for International SMS messages.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh