• Black

Votes: 18 72.0%
  • White

Votes: 7 28.0%

• Total voters

ALexSoFLy

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I already have my black ip4 but I really wanted the white one until I started noticing how the front looks a little like the htc G1 google. If the front stayed black and the rear was white, I would have waited for it. My 3G was white and I have to say that I miss having a white phone. What does everyone think?

Last edited:

E Pow

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
I would have rather had the white but I got the black. I guess it didn't matter since I planned on putting a case on it anyway. I have a Belkin clear case and I think the white would look good in here. I'm thinking about exchanging it if the white ones come out before the 22nd but if not I'll keep my black. It doesnt matter what color it is. I still love it.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I really strongly considered the white, but my family talked me out of it. General comments, they tend to yellow over time, they show more scratches because they are a lighter color, hardly to keep looking clean! I don't know if any of that is true. Once I found out it was going to be a month to 6 weeks before the white was available, my consideration went right out the door. LOL

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I am in the same boat. I had a white 3GS...and loved it. I have the black iPhone 4. I love the white back but hate the white front. I may buy a white back and swap it out for the black back. I saw the take down and apparently the two screws at the bottom of the phone hold the back plate on. If you remove those screens the back slides off. Tempting.

greenapple

Jun 17, 2010
www.flickr.com
I really strongly considered the white, but my family talked me out of it. General comments, they tend to yellow over time, they show more scratches because they are a lighter color, hardly to keep looking clean! I don't know if any of that is true. Once I found out it was going to be a month to 6 weeks before the white was available, my consideration went right out the door. LOL

actually black will show scratches more easily since its glass. think of a black car over time versus a white car. also patent leather or white leather or white paint yellows over time, not glass nor plastic (my white 3G which i've had for over two years, does not have a hint of yellow)

i like white because it will not show scratches as easy and over time you can't tell when the color dulls.

i'm guessing apple has the white iphones in stock but is just waiting for the month or a bit over that so pple who are thinking of buying the black then switch to white can't since its past the 30 days.

gern blanston

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I really wanted the white one because it doesn't show scratches or fingerprints as badly as the black (plus I thought it looked really nice). I wonder, though, if the white borders would be bothersome when viewing the screen: photos typically "pop" or show better when viewing on a black surrounding border, for example. Anyway, when I preordered my black iP4, the estimate was late August for the white iPhone, and I didn't want to wait that long. I'm pretty happy with the sleek look of the black.

gern blanston

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Since the white iPhone 4 caused some unexpected manufacturing challenges for Apple, I wonder what kind of issues we'll see with this model? It makes me reluctant to swap.

Malinovaya

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Well, first I wanted the white iPhone 4 but when I saw the black one I just understood: That's it! It's stylish, modern and just fantastic. Moreover, my previous 3GS was white so I do not regret choosing this color. Now I'm just thinking what case to buy...

deeddawg

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
think of a black car over time versus a white car. also [...] my white 3G which i've had for over two years, does not have a hint of yellow)
Yeah, look at all the complaints about yellowing 3G's and 3GS's. There aren't any I've seen?

i'm guessing apple has the white iphones in stock but is just waiting for the month or a bit over that so pple who are thinking of buying the black then switch to white can't since its past the 30 days.

I wouldn't be surprised -- also they likely realize there's pent up demand for the white models so they may be building stock to satisfy that initial flood. I'll put my marker on a July 30th release. That'd be outside the 30 day window for AT&T's in-store release.

I'm still debating. I'd kind of like to see a white version in person. I'm just not sure about the white front. I saw pics of a black iphone4 with a white bumper; pretty sharp, I may end up that route as well.

Last edited:

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I want the white, but got the black. I will however be
switching it out or just buying the white one, selling my
black.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members