iPhone 4 and Magellan Premium Car Kit Compatibility

frogstofall

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
I'm curious if anyone else has tried this combo? I am having seemingly only one issue in that the kit will not charge the phone. Other than that it seems to be a nice combo. It fits fine and everything.

frogstofall

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
I figured this out and it's pretty simple. Take the Apple bumper case off.... Lame. The bumper case is a waste of $30. Totally encases the charging receptor. The charging apparatus on the car kit is just slightly too thick to fit with the case on.

Last edited:

maggie-theiphoneblog

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

We have tested the Premium Cat Kit with the new iPhone 4 and it is compatible. The change in the iPhone hardware affects the way the iPhone is seated in the Magellan Premium Car Kit and consequently the iPhone needs to sit tighter in the Premium Car Kit (See Picture 1 below). If the audio is not working or stops after a short period of time, the user should press the phone in for a tighter fit (See Picture 2 below). This will also resolve the issue where a message may pop up stating it is not a compatible device.

Since iPhone 4 is thinner than previous iPhones, users will also want to increase the throw of the adjustment block. The Magellan Premium Car Kit ships with a throw of up to 3mm of the adjustment block and the design incorporated the ability to double the throw to 6mm. To do this, the user simply needs to pull out the adjustment block and rotate it 180? (See Pictures 3, 4 and 5 below).

- Maggie

Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 3
Picture 4
Picture 5

Last edited:

CMeyer2001

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
I've had no issues with my iPhone 4 and the Magellan car kit. I have a Speck Fitted case on my phone and it has a tight fit in the dock, in my opinion better than when I used my iPhone 3G. Now I just hope Magellan quickly puts out an updated app that uses the new features of iOS4, considering their competition has been on top of the updates.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner