iPhone 4 8 gb

stepover55

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered an iPhone 4. I don't game a lot, nor do I watch tv or movies on my phone. I'll just download some music from iTunes, take a few photos and get email. Probably download some apps as well. Went with the iPhone 4 8gb because it was a good deal at $99. Will I regret not getting the 16 gb iPhone 4 for $150?

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I have a 16gb ip4 and this is what I'm using, if it gives you some idea. Keep in mind that half of my apps haven't been used. I just didn't bother deleting anything.

Reactions: stepover55

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Since the pictures are high quality, it will use up memory. I also have apps that are as big as 1GB. Music will also take some room. On the 8GB, you truely only get about 7GB's of storage. You make the call.

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
For your use-case scenario you will probably be fine with the 8gb 4. However since you probably signed a new contract with your purchase, if you can swing another $100 I would absolutely get the 16gb 4S... much better longer-term purchase.

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
For your use-case scenario you will probably be fine with the 8gb 4. However since you probably signed a new contract with your purchase, if you can swing another $100 I would absolutely get the 16gb 4S... much better longer-term purchase.

Absolutely! Especially before paying $150 for the 16gb ip4. What's another $50 for the latest and greatest.

stepover55

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks all,
I was starting to think that maybe I should just go for the 4s 16, but the phone has already shipped. I'll try it for 14 days and swallow a $35 restocking fee if I decide to exchange it for the 16gb 4s. Any advice on insurance? Apple Care or Verizon's $9.99/month $150 deductible policy?

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
advice on insurance? Apple Care or Verizon's $9.99/month $150 deductible policy?

Just my .02, but for $270 (by the time you pay over 1 year, plus deductible) for the insurance... No way! I take my chances! The nice thing about Apple Care is you don't have to buy it up front. It really just depends on your luck with phones in the past. The best thing about an Apple product is that you don't HAVE to deal with the carrier on warranty issues.

That didn't really help you though, did it?! :eek:

Last edited:

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Just my .02, but for $270 (by the time you pay over 1 year, plus deductible) for the insurance... No way! I take my chances! The nice thing about Apple Care is you don't have to buy it up front. It really just depends on your luck with phones in the past. The best thing about an Apple product is that you don't HAVE to deal with the carrier on warranty issues.

If you want Apple Care+ which covers physical and water damage for a $50 ded, it must be purchased at the time of iPhone purchase. Regular Apple Care you have until your warranty expires.

Click

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site

I have to agree. I canceled my insurance after a week of having it... I'll live on the edge. Plus there are company's out there that will fix your broken iPhone like PXLFIX If I had to choose one though I would choose the AppleCare+ It's cheaper the whole way around. VZW charges 10.99 for insurance or at least thats what I used to pay.

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Thanks all,
Any advice on insurance? Apple Care or Verizon's $9.99/month $150 deductible policy?

IMO and through experience the carriers DO NOT have your best interest in heart and subsequently their insurance packages are lacking and they will usually fight or delay you on a claim. Apple on the other wants you as a customer and EVRY TIME I have gone to them (usually a store) they have treated me right and taken care of me. Applecare+ all the way for me...

sandmanfvr

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
I got a Sprint iPhone 4 8 gb, have almost 5 gigs free.

I have put a bunch of apps, 2 gigs music and have 4.6 gigs free. The iPhone 4 pictures are around 400 to 500 KB a piece, so 1 gig of storage is around 2000 pictures or more! If you be choosy with music (load only your favorite stuff), then stream other stuff you can install alot of apps, have alot of pictures and 8 gigs will be fine.

totallygone

Oct 3, 2009
Visit site
I have the 16GB iPhone 4, but also a 64GB IPod touch. So basically I don't put games or music on my iPhone so it works out fine for me. Also I didn't want to get a higher GB options as I was waiting to see if the iPhone 5 would have been released this year.
So with 8 GB, once you don't load too much, you should be fine :)

edit_text

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
As far as storage goes, I bought the 4 16GB when it first came to verizon. After an initial app spree I found it to be an ok amount of storage. You can easily supplement your storage with something like dropbox box.net. However, it is not always seemless, but it is a nice option for some of my more rarely used media. Now that I have an iPad, storage has not been an issue. With few exceptions I mostly keep different apps on each device. As far as insurance, I personally went with squaretrade. Like any responsible consumer, I hope I never need it.

e_t

trtmazda3

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I have a 16 GB iPhone 4 and I sometimes wish I would have sprung for the 32 GB version, purely so I could have ALL of my music on my phone instead of just a select few songs. Of course, I have over 20 GB of music.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice