Iphone 3GS, repairing advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tibibond

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Hello!! i got my old iphone 3gs for a long time now and it's all pretty much working, except the digitizer and the lcd is craked(you can se the image on the display but half of it is gray) and the silence button is jammed and the battery is pretty much death.

Should i buy a new display with digitizer and a battery housing with battery from ibay? it will cost maybe 60$ both with battery included.
Are those any good?
If someone had buyed please tell my if it will worth the trouble!

I will use it as a secondary phone if i ll repair it!
Thank you!!
PS: sorry for my english

Last edited by a moderator:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello!! i got my old iphone 3gs for a long time now and it's all pretty much working, except the digitizer and the lcd is craked(you can se the image on the display but half of it is gray) and the silence button is jammed and the battery is pretty much death.

Should i buy a new display with digitizer and a battery housing with battery from ibay? it will cost maybe 60$ both with battery included.
Are those any good?
If someone had buyed please tell my if it will worth the trouble!

I will use it as a secondary phone if i ll repair it!
Thank you!!
PS: sorry for my english

If you came across an iPhone 4 for the amount you're willing to pay to replace the 3GS, would you get it instead? The reason I ask is because now the the iPhone 5C and 5S are upfront, an iPhone 4 may be available to you at an enticing price.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
With the combination of required repairs and age of the device, I’d seriously consider upgrading or at least finding a used iPhone of a newer vintage. Even if you get it totally repaired, you have a 5 year old device. It won’t get any more software updates, and its functionality will gradually wane.

My advise would be to save your money and apply it towards something newer.

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Or perhaps give this poster a warning for dragging up old threads to promote some kind of business. Not sure if it’s against the TOU for iMore but it sure seems shady.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Or perhaps give this poster a warning for dragging up old threads to promote some kind of business. Not sure if it’s against the TOU for iMore but it sure seems shady.

We're aware of the situation. Since this thread is really old, I'm closing it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.