Iphone 3gs problem

bsmith95610

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I have an iPhone 3gs that has never had any problems I updated to IOS 5 maybe a week and a half ago then all of a sudden yesterday the phone turned off and said activation required plug into iTunes. I plugged the phone into iTunes and tried to restore it but it tries then fails with the message "The iPhone could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1)." I have tried to downgrade the phone by connecting the phone to my computer then started iTunes let it discover my phone then pressed the power and home buttons for 10 seconds then let go of the power button. The phone's screen remained black then i opened up iTunes and hit recover but I still get the same error message. Does anyone have any idea's on how I can get my phone working? I don't care if I lose everything as long as I can get it working again.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
When you hooked it to iTunes did it say it detected in recover mode ?

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

bsmith95610

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Yes, when I open up itunes on my PC then plug in my phone it comes up with a message saying "ITunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. You must restore this iPhone before it can be used with iTunes". But when I click on restore after a few minutes I get a message that says ""The iPhone could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1)." Any help would be much appreciated.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen