iPhone 3GS Bugs/Issues

GoldenLove

Oct 21, 2009
Visit site
Battery life is soooooo disappointing....facebook has been freezing lately as well..but maybe it's just Facebook issues because I see it on my laptop too so who knows?!

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I just took my iPhone to the Apple store today to have it replaced because of overheating. I have read that this is a lingering issue. The people at Apple were great, they gave me a new device without hesitation.

barathan.n

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
the antenna is on the back of the phone.

by putting anything with metal (batteries) or circuitry (modern batteries) next to it you're blocking the antenna and there's a chance for decreased signal strength

I would think otherwise, mine has no cover of skin and yet I have loss of #G signal and have to restart to get back the 3G signal. Mine's a JB'd 3GS.

Does anyone have a simplier workaround other than restarting the iphone.

Goodniz

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I just got my iPhone Monday and Tuesday morning it said no service, I'm like yeah right. Anyway had to turn it off and back on to get service back. Besides that everything is good so far. Already knew about the battery life so I keep a charger at work and in the car (car charger and portable in case I'm not at home).

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Tell your Iphone stories, bugs, glitches, unexplained iphone wierdness

I figure I would start a thread on Iphone stories. What have people experienced with there phones thats wierd, buggy, glitches, etc etc. Stuff that restoring or rebooting doesn't seem to fix.

So I'll start....

From time to time (once or twice a month) my phone decides not to ring at all and I get my voicemail alert tone. I've confirmed this sitting next to the phone. I never put my phone on silent. Its either off or on.

Also from time to time sms sent or recieved text messages seem to fail. Confirmed this with my girlfriends phone. But it is a T-Mobile Google G1 phone. So not sure if its her or me.

I'm curious to hear everyone elses stories.

Josh

Apr 24, 2009
Visit site
Two Buggies...

iPhone 3G, 8gb
Current Version: 3.1.2
Carrier: AT&T 5.6

First Buggie: What's with the annoying iTunes Password Screen popping up all the time? I have no app's in the background waiting for wifi to update. Entering password doesn't seem to matter as ten minutes later iPhone password pop up is back!

Second: Within the last month have been getting the ever frustrating "device not an approved iPhone / switch to airplane mode" (or something similar) message when I dock on an iPhone radio and charge on an iPhone charger? These are both devices that I have used since day one with no issue/messages. Pretty annoying especially the radio as I'm almost asleep and then the screen comes on full display with the message. Hitting OK just puts it in a vicious cycle with me ultimately pulling it out and throwing into purse.

Other than those two issues, I am still a happy iPhone girl! :)

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Disabled 3g I am sure you will not have this problem again.

I disable and enable 3g all the time. My office has wi-fi, I used that when I'm here and when I have to run errands which I do daily I turn on 3g and bluetooth (car radio built in) than back to the office for wi-fi. At home it is 3g. When I go to and from, I turn off whatever I'm not using. I do it religiously. But since its every once in a while its something I'm not entirely annoyed with.

Josh

BLu

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
3GS 16gb
Never been j/b

Every time I receive a call when my phone is 'asleep' the phone goes back to sleep state when the call is hung up. As it should.
Weirdness is though?when I next wake the phone it always opens straight into my recent calls list, rather than the home screen.
It only happens on incoming calls, and only when the call is received while the phone's asleep.
I've done a restore (for something else) but it didn't remedy this.
Anyone else seeing the same?
I'm living with it for now as I'm seeing pretty damn immense battery life so don't want to rock the boat.

timdoc1

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
3GS camera exif data resolution (latitude/longitude)

When taking a photo on my 3GS the embedded latitude / longitude resolution recorded appears to be way lower than what iPhone apps get me using their tools.

carfield1980

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Thank You! Thank You! I did a hard reset today after I missed two calls. The phone never rang. Once the phone rebooted I had this weird combo of two app icons. I reported the bug to Apple but never expected to find a fix so fast. You're a life saver. It was driving me nuts.

I have the same feeling as you do

techse7en

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
My phone vibrates when I take it off of silent mode. I thought it was FW 3.0 but it still does it on 3.1.2. Someone in China must have installed the wires backwards.

ype

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
hi everyone! i am new here in this blog just got a referral tip from afriend. ok, i just got my new 3G iphone brand new unit and it seems i am experiencing a problem,
i dont hear any sound at all whenever i call through the ear piece unless i use a bluetooth headset or turn it to speaker mode, sounds strange but i find it weird.

help pls.

thanks

zonico3000

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
help with 3gs why at my home i get a dot( o ) and not E (edge)

hello i need help pls i just to get a E (edge ) at home but now i get more the O this is new since 2 days its becouse tmobile or its my phone thank u
what can i do ti fix this i need to know if the problem its phone or the tmobile signal !! this just happend at home thank u !!!!!!!!!!!!!

iphone 3gs jb/unlock black

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh