iPhone 3gS 4.3.3 jailbreak/unlock help

ldzp

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Good evening,

I bought a used iPhone 3Gs on the rogers network from a friend. My plan is on the Bell network so I will be unlocking it to use on Bell.

I've been using sn0wbreeze and the 4.3.3 iOS software. I followed this guide :
(can't post links, ht tp://forum.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlock-forum/212528-ios-4-3-3-4-2-8-jailbreak-sn0wbreez-2-7-step-step-guide.html

and it restored to my custom iOS that I made with sn0wbreeze, and now it only allows an emergency call screen.

I would attempt to restore it to factory settings but I don't want to mess things up further so I'm turning to your knowledge/experience. I am also looking to unlock the phone to use on the Bell network. I am currently on the baseband of :

Thanks for reading, I appreciate all input

ldzp

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Ok I'm thinking quite possibly that the jailbreak was successful, and that the SIM card is the root of my problems as it was water damaged (I pulled it out of my last phone which took an hour bath in my washing machine) so I'll pick up a new SIM card and hope for the best.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
You are so lucky you didn't try to restore the phone because unlocking would have been no longer possible. I posted in a thread just this morning with the basebands that are unlockable so search for baseband on here and find the thread to see if you have one. When you did the custom ipsw in Sn0wbreeze did you choose the Activate option? You are using a Bell SIM on a Rogers phone so you need Hacktivation in order for the phone to recognize the SIM.

Reactions: ldzp

ldzp

May 8, 2011
Visit site
You are so lucky you didn't try to restore the phone because unlocking would have been no longer possible. I posted in a thread just this morning with the basebands that are unlockable so search for baseband on here and find the thread to see if you have one. When you did the custom ipsw in Sn0wbreeze did you choose the Activate option? You are using a Bell SIM on a Rogers phone so you need Hacktivation in order for the phone to recognize the SIM.

Thanks for the reply.

That's good news! There wasn't an option for that in sn0wbreeze, I was only able to check off the 'build IPSW' and it began to create it for me.

When I make the custom IPSW I want to have it to have it 'unlock' aswell, should I reload it with that on there? so I can get on the 6.15.0 baseband

Ok, and is there a version of Hacktivation on this website?

Last edited:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
You probably left it in Normal mode put it in Expert mode. What area do you live in? If you're close to me we can meet if you can't get it going and I'll help ya out.

ldzp

May 8, 2011
Visit site
You probably left it in Normal mode put it in Expert mode. What area do you live in? If you're close to me we can meet if you can't get it going and I'll help ya out.

Ahh unfortunately I'm in the opposite side of the country (BC) haha but I really appreciate it. And you were correct, it was in Normal Mode. Now I re-created the IPSW with hacktivation, and confirmed the baseband to 06.15.00

::edit::

ok fixed it up, the new IPSW is loaded onto the phone and cydia is on there. Only thing left is now in iTunes, it reads :

"This computer has previously been sycned with an iPhone or iOS device
with 2 options of
a.)Set up as a new iPhone
b.)Restore from the backup of Nick's

Phone number: X-(XXX)-XXX-XXXX"

and the phone number is my buddy's old phone number, and I can't make calls/texts/anything etc. Would this be because my SIM card could possibly be ruined/dmg, or is it something else? Thanks

Last edited:

marinajulia

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
could any buddy suggest how could my hubby have iphone 3gs and they have ios 4.2 i told to update but he says to me that is it possible to unlock please help me some buddy

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Ahh unfortunately I'm in the opposite side of the country (BC) haha but I really appreciate it. And you were correct, it was in Normal Mode. Now I re-created the IPSW with hacktivation, and confirmed the baseband to 06.15.00

::edit::

ok fixed it up, the new IPSW is loaded onto the phone and cydia is on there. Only thing left is now in iTunes, it reads :

"This computer has previously been sycned with an iPhone or iOS device
with 2 options of
a.)Set up as a new iPhone
b.)Restore from the backup of Nick's

Phone number: X-(XXX)-XXX-XXXX"

and the phone number is my buddy's old phone number, and I can't make calls/texts/anything etc. Would this be because my SIM card could possibly be ruined/dmg, or is it something else? Thanks

All it means is your buddy probably synced with your computer before and backed up. This has nothing to do with the phone portion of the phone just choose setup as new. You're also not done yet now you have to unlock it. Go to iClarified - Apple News and Tutorials go to Tutorials, iPhone, Unlock and choose How to Unlock it will give you the tutorial of how to do it. Just be sure you have Wifi because you'll need to use Cydia. You wont be able to call, text, etc until it is unlocked. So setup as new do a sync and then unlock the sucker you're done.

Last edited:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
could any buddy suggest how could my hubby have iphone 3gs and they have ios 4.2 i told to update but he says to me that is it possible to unlock please help me some buddy

We need a little more info than that, start a new thread and include whether you're using a Mac or Windows? We also need to know what firmware is currently on the phone, modem version(baseband) and in your thread make sure you say that you want to unlock the phone. In order to find the Modem version go to Settings, General, About and scroll to Modem version.

ldzp

May 8, 2011
Visit site
All it means is your buddy probably synced with your computer before and backed up. This has nothing to do with the phone portion of the phone just choose setup as new. You're also not done yet now you have to unlock it. Go to go to Tutorials, iPhone, Unlock and choose How to Unlock it will give you the tutorial of how to do it. Just be sure you have Wifi because you'll need to use Cydia. You wont be able to call, text, etc until it is unlocked. So setup as new do a sync and then unlock the sucker you're done.

Great thanks, I've got into Cydia and logged in wifi and all that. My only concern is that after using sn0wbreeze, I did select the function to install the iPad baseband, but it still shows up as 05.16.02 in the phones settings. Was there something else I missed in the process?

I'm going to reinstall the custom IPSW again and hopefully it gets the message to go into the iPad baseband this time. Once that works it seems like it will go smoothly from there

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73