iPhone 3g working without data plan

atomicwave

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Hello all. Glad to be here on your forum. Now i've been trying to find a solid answer to this question, but can't seem to find anyone that knows. I bought an iPhone 3g and got the plan and used it for about 2 months, then decided to drop it so i could save a little money for a vacation i'm planning on taking. After about a week of using my lg shine on a normal service plan (unlimited texts, 400 minutes/unlimited nw) I about lost my mind and went into iphone withdrawal. I put my sim card in my iPhone just to see what it would do. I can call, text, use my wifi. Anything but browse the internet over 3g. awesome!! this is exactly what i wanted. Will this continue to work this way, or am i headed for a load of **** and hidden charges and weird ****. I'd like to just keep using it for calls and texts on my normal service plan. Any input would be great. Thanks guys

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
I am trying to copy the link but it will not let me???? This I very wierd??? It won't let me select just the URL. It is forcing me to select the whole comment. Which, of course, does not work when I paste it.

Update. I chonged to normal view and was able to copy the URL from bad ashes quote. Still not from the post. It is trying to force me to copy the entire post?? Strange indeed

Last edited:

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I am trying to copy the link but it will not let me???? This I very wierd??? It won't let me select just the URL. It is forcing me to select the whole comment. Which, of course, does not work when I paste it.

Update. I chonged to normal view and was able to copy the URL from bad ashes quote. Still not from the post. It is trying to force me to copy the entire post?? Strange indeed

Weird, here you go: Link to story.

BradM73

Sep 11, 2008
Visit site
So basically if you have an iPhone and no data plan, AT&T is automatically going to put you on the data plan regardless if you want it or not? That's lame. It would be cheaper just to terminate your contract and then go to T-Mobile or something.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
So basically if you have an iPhone and no data plan, AT&T is automatically going to put you on the data plan regardless if you want it or not? That's lame. It would be cheaper just to terminate your contract and then go to T-Mobile or something.

I don't understand why anyone would want a iPhone without a data plan. Might as well buy a iPod Touch. And if you did go to T-Mobile and ever decide to get a data plan you are without 3G.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
yes Bradm73 that is the jist of it. if your going to try and take the phone to another carrier you'll have to jailbreak it or unlock it not sure which. and with those there are risks. as AT&T is the only carrier in the US authorized to activate this phone.

when were talking about one of the most popular phones out there were not saying it's inexpensive.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW