iphone 3G still alive?

_heatherly

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
My husband had his 3G for 3 years until he upgraded to the 4S. It is in absolute pristine condition except the battery died pretty fast. But physically, the phone is in brand new condition. He had that thing protected really well and used invisible shield too.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
They are out there in full use have seen some in great condition and some that I have had to replace just about every part ... They are pretty popular because they can be unlocked easy and used on pre paid or tmobile the software stops at 4.2.1 .. Don't enable background or muti task thou it can make them sluggish
They work great but you can tell the diff between a 3G and 3GS ..

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

jamespdavid

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
iphone 3g

Yes, i still use iPhone 3GS. it is my favorite Smart Phone. The design of iPhone 3GS is amazing. apart from me many of my friend still using iPhone 3GS. But now after, iPhone 4S most of my friend switched to iPhone 4S. i am also thinking to buy..

Last edited:

gwsmith

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Need advice

I have a 3G and the 4S. I have upgraded one of my computers (windows7) to handled iOS5 for my 4S. My questions is I have another computer (win XP) that I have been using for my 3G. Can I upgrade my XP to iOS 5 and another question can my 3G handle the new iOS5? what would happen to my apps on my 3G? Glenn

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I still use mine cause i'm a developer and i like to test all my software on older devices, but it feels really slow with the last supported ios 4.2.1, i think that maybe i will get rid of it this year and drop older devices support on my software.

4sid

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
Was using it previously; it was too good.

Actually, I still love my iPod Touch 2G. :D I wish I didn't "gift" the iPhone 3G I had. :D

CavemanOOGA

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
A good buddy of mine, who also happens to be my woman's son, still has his 3GS and it's still running like a champ. Even amidst me and his mother both having new 4S', he loves it with a passion. Doesn't have a problem with it whatsoever.

Before I gave away my 3GS last year to my sister, it was also running amazingly well. Unfortunately, she doesn't care of things... Like, at all. It didn't take long for it to be completely demolished by her carelessness. I was saddened...

Anyway, you get the general idea. The 3GS still seems to be a damn good device. I would more than likely still be rocking it, if it weren't for my gadget ADD and me "needing" the latest and greatest. Ha.

rickster245

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
I Still use an iPhone 3G. Sure it does run slow from time to time and some apps don't support it but it still does want i want and i like it.

Lozenger19

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm still using my iPhone 3GS. Got it the day of release and NEVER had any problems with it.

Tried the iPhone 4 and gave up after 1/2 hour. I hated it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lozenger19

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
I have a 3G and the 4S. I have upgraded one of my computers (windows7) to handled iOS5 for my 4S. My questions is I have another computer (win XP) that I have been using for my 3G. Can I upgrade my XP to iOS 5 and another question can my 3G handle the new iOS5? what would happen to my apps on my 3G? Glenn

I'm running IOS 5.1.2 on my 3G, so yes it will

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alex_Hong

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
My iphone 3G is on life support, but still refuses to die. Got it when it was launched. After i upgraded, i passed it on to my sister in pristine condition. It was then tortured till it almost died.

The screen cracked (or shattered will be a better word), the sleep/wake button died, the home button died, the protruding silver volume rocker dropped off.

Just for the fun of it, i tried to fix it. I managed to find the replacement glass for 4 bucks. Fixed the glass. Found a piece of metal wire and stuck it over the location where the volume rocker was supposed to be. Found out about "Activator" and thought i didn't the home and power button. Managed to jailbreak it on ios 3.1.3, installed Activator, and viola. Working again, sort of. At least now i can exit apps. :)

Now its just a music player in my room. Still working. To unlock it i just toggle the vibrate switch, to lock i long press the volume up, and to mimic the home button, i long press volume down. :D

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
A friend of mine still has hers but only uses it as a backup since getting the 4S a few months ago.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR