iphone 3G still alive?

sokol8

Sep 1, 2011
jets-app.com
Is anybody here still using iphone 3G?
I'd like to get some rough estimates of how many people still use the old metal. I think the majority of developers including apple has stopped supporting iphone 3G but some customers insist on its support.

sokol8

Sep 1, 2011
jets-app.com
I agree that iphone 3gs has it own charm. iphone 4 is more like a Nokia style, but soon many apps will stop supporting 3GS i guess

tham

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Still using my 3G I bought in January of '09. Can't say it's going strong... my wife and I are impatiently waiting for the iPhone 5.

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I recently setup a 3G for my Dad to get him accustom to iOS while waiting to see what Apple does with the 4S or 5 -- and that thing is painfully slow to me. I feel bad for my Dad but he doesn't know any different so he is OK.

For those of you confusing the 3GS with the 3G -- my brother and my oldest son still use a 3GS and it is fine -- not a huge deal even compared to the 4 as far as speed goes. The biggest issue I have bouncing between the 3GS and the 4 is the retina screen.... hard to go backwards.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Funny, I just charged mine back up in advance of Hurricane Irene...thought it would be good to have a backup device just in case. Slimmed it way down in terms of tweaks and apps, installed FakeClockUp to make it feel a bit snappier, and I have to say I was surprised at how well it performed.

But no, I won't be using it on an everyday basis.

peterthomas

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Well Iphone 3g is a good one but there is a problem with compatibility as its a non-principal iphone model thats why most of the developers and compnies dont focus o it, rather they care about the iphone 4 now and ignored this one, so in my view the best thing to do is to get rid of it on time and go ahead... or else you may get behind and regret.

Maher Essi

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
3G

My friend loves his 3GS. He didn't get the iPhone 4 and he likely won't get the iPhone 5.

That's alright, I still have 3G but it won't hold up for very long since it doesn't support the new OS 5,
plus the battery life will be coming to an end, Mine is already acting buggy!

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
the iPhone 3G has better specs than a lot of the newer phones. 3G's hardware and software may be outdated but, it still lives! :)

Phil DeLong

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I haven't used mine in a very long time but I still see a surprising amount of people around town with them. I'd say it's still very much alive.

Deu2e

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm still using mine. She has her issues at times, but for the most part she's going strong. I'll be upgrading to the 4S as many apps I want for my phone won't support it.

pokey318

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I was still using mine until I bought the 4s on Friday. The 3g worked fine, although I had trouble with Safari crashing often and had trouble scrolling at times. It will be great as a back up phone, but I am loving my 4s; it is so fast!!

My son who is a Blackberry user took my 3g to use as an iPod Touch. He wiped it clean and added his own apps. He has an 80GB regular iPod, so won't put music on this, but did put some pod cast on it.

This phone has giving us our money's worth!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal