Iphone 3g slow with simcard inserted

Mesopotamian5

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Hello! My sincerest apologies of this is a subject that's already been discussed, but I have looked around without succes for a while now.

Thing is, I tried to jailbreak this old iphone I have lying about, and it took forever (I'm not that jailbreak savvy), but I finally got it working.
It runs beautifully as an ipod, and everything works fine - Until I stick a sim card in it. What happens is beyond my understanding. It slows down to a truly unusable speed. It is literally 5-10 seconds about reacting to anything I do. Swiping between pages on the home screen, opening apps. It's all 5-10 seconds things, if not longer.
Any input? How come it runs perfectly(Faster than my un-broken iphone 4) without the simcard, but with the simcard it's unusable? What'd I do wrong? Is it hardware?

Best wishes from a hopeful noob.

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Let's rule out the telephony stuff - insert the SIM card, turn Airplane Mode on and try using the device. Is it still laggy?

Mesopotamian5

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Yes, still lags on airplane mode. It took a good 15 minutes to make through the laggy menues, but it still lags on airplane mode. I suspect it must be a hardware issue. The Simcard must be putting pressure on the processor or something.

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I use a 3GS on iOS 6. While it does lag a bit due to old hardware, it's nothing like the lag you describe. It is worth doing a backup and restoring the phone as new. Test to see if that speeds things up.

Update: Before restoring see if Resetting the Network Settings on your current setup has any effect.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Switch TV ON