iPhone 3G prices on O2

marcol

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
Wow!

iPhone 3G on O2 is much better deal than the first gen device.

8 GB iPhone

Free on ?45 and ?75 pcm tariffs;
?99 on ?30 and ?35 pcm tariffs (?30 is new, previously cheapest was ?35).

16 GB iPhone

Free on ?75 pcm tariff;
?59 on ?45 pcm tariff;
?159 on ?30 and ?35 pcm tariffs.

All tariffs include unlimited data, unlimited Wifi access via the Cloud (as before). All contracts 18 months.

It will also be available without a contract ('Pay & Go'), but there are no details on the web site of this yet.

https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...%3A%2F%2Fwww.o2.co.uk%2Fiphone&token=5LiGf79Z

I guess you guys in the US aren't enjoying reading this. Sorry.

burnsaa

Oct 26, 2006
Visit site

HymerSchmidt

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
Not fair. On your side of the pond you get both, awesome fish and chips AND better cellphone deals.

I'm not proud to be an American anymore.

marcol

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
Actually I kind of am at least we will have somewhere to import them from for unlocking purposes. Maybe the us will become the new china. :rolleyes:
Not sure about importing. Not the contract ones if you need to sign up before they hand it over, perhaps for the non-contract phones but these are likely to be expensive.

marcol

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
Better yet:

O2 has taken another step to widely improve its iPhone 3G offering in the UK, multiplying the available WiFi hotspots users can employ to get online.

Hidden in the small print on the O2 page, O2 confirms iPhone users will enjoy free use of WiFi hotspots from its existing partner, The Cloud, and also observes iPhone users will be able to use hotspots provided by BT OpenZone.

This raises the number of WiFi hotspots available to UK users to 9,500, with the O2 note mentioning that all these hotspots will be made available for use from 11 July.

Update: Citing O2 sources, one website reports the network may plan the creation of a 'mesh network' across London utilising WiFi hotspots from both The Cloud and BT OpenZone, saying: "Coverage is supposed to rival the coverage of mobile phone towers".
http://www.macworld.co.uk/ipod-itunes/news/index.cfm?newsid=21626&pagtype=allchandate

You can never have too many fast connection options.

marcol

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
I agree with the earlier post... sounds like a GREAT place to get phone to unlock.
Again, you (or the person you buy from) would need to take out an 18-month contract before leaving the store with a cheap iPhone. We still don't know what O2 will charge for non-contract phones but it is likely to be much more. In Italy non-contract iPhones from Vodafone will cost the equivalent of $773 (8 GB) or $881 (16 GB):

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2008/06/12/unsubsidized-iphone-3g-priced-at-499-569-in-europe/

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2