iPhone 3G broke

Levi brand

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
What part of the logic board stores the photos and data on iPhone 3G. The top half or bottom half of the logic board? My logic board is broke and has been smashed into pieces. Any chances of saving the data

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
......Any chances of saving the data

Slim and none and slim just left town! You would need a data forensic scientist to retrieve from the fragmented board. HOWEVER don't you have an iCloud or iTunes backup? And if not WHY THE HECK NOT!!!!!!!! Lesson learned!

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I do but not recently. Not sure I even have all the pieces. Would they be able to recover something if you don't have all the pieces
Even if you had all the pieces - you likely could not afford the cost of forensic recovery from parts...

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Your probably correct. Is it safe to throw this stuff away with personal info on it

While not 100% it's extremely likely that it's safe, as KCH pointed out its VERY expensive to retrieve data from a damaged board. It's usually only done by big companies that can afford it and have critical data they need, and police/authorities when doing investigations. So unless you are under investigation for something you are probably fine.