iPhone 3G battery replacement cost

staticfiend

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys and gals, I just got a 3G from a friend of mine. He said that it is roughly 2.5 years old. Well today is my first full day of using it and the battery was almost dead by noon! I'm thinking it probably just needs to be replaced. Does anyone know round about how much an Apple store will charge for this? Thanks in advance!

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Hey guys and gals, I just got a 3G from a friend of mine. He said that it is roughly 2.5 years old. Well today is my first full day of using it and the battery was almost dead by noon! I'm thinking it probably just needs to be replaced. Does anyone know round about how much an Apple store will charge for this? Thanks in advance!

call your local Apple store

staticfiend

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Ok I called my local Apple store. They said they cannot quote me a price and that i have to come in and see the genius lab or bar and they would have to sell me another phone because they dont replace batteries. Does that sound normal? I can only imagine how much a new phone will cost. :-(

JamesC1119

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Not sure where you are located but if you are near or in a major city I am sure you could find a private shop to do it. Should only cost $40-50 then and you can wait while it is done.

zkyevolved

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Since my iphone 3g was out of warranty I replaced it for my brother, got another battery off of ebay and did it myself. Simple enough. Cost me 20 dollars for everything :)

mrsincere

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I found the exact battery replacement for my iphone 3gs off of Ebay. Cost me $7.05 total. Got it, installed it on my own. Just be careful when taking the motherboard out and putting it back in.......because the camera connector is attached to the back of the mother board. When I put the motherboard back in, the camera connector kept coming loose. Be very careful about batteries. Dont try to buy a higher capacity battery just because they say it works for your phone. I bought a 1600a 1st instead of the 1200a that was in the phone. Phone stopped working.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

Before that try a restore also some apps can cause massive battery drain also is it jb ? Sometime cydia apps have been know to cause drain too I would try some trouble shooting before replacing

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner