iphone 2.0 update question

dubc20

Jul 17, 2008
Visit site
hey guys i dont know if this has been posted or addressed but is there anything special that needs to be done before I update to firmware 2.0 if I have hacked it to get 3rd party apps??

knowledgeable answers are much appreciated. I don't want to mess my phone up by not updating it the right way.

I was told that all i had to do was go to itunes and restore it and then update it.

thanks

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
hey guys i dont know if this has been posted or addressed but is there anything special that needs to be done before I update to firmware 2.0 if I have hacked it to get 3rd party apps??

knowledgeable answers are much appreciated. I don't want to mess my phone up by not updating it the right way.

I was told that all i had to do was go to itunes and restore it and then update it.

thanks
You must be at iTunes 7.7. (If not, click on Help and select Check for updates.)

Connect your iPhone. Right click on the device. Select Backup.

When backup completes, click on (Version) Restore. This will update you to iPhone 2.0. It should announce that it is going to restore from backup. Otherwise, right click on the device and select restore from backup.

Last edited:

dubc20

Jul 17, 2008
Visit site
hey thanks a lot for your help. So my phone being hacked won't cause problems to the update and my phone?? I don't want my phone to turn into a so called "brick".

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
hey thanks a lot for your help. So my phone being hacked won't cause problems to the update and my phone?? I don't want my phone to turn into a so called "brick".

Don't do it if your phone is currently unlocked.... there is no unlock out for the 2.0 firmware just yet... Same for jailbreak. If you want to jailbreak you won't be able to do so until the new pwnage is released. The iDev team says "soon".

dubc20

Jul 17, 2008
Visit site
i dont get what you mean by don't do it if my phone is unlocked. All i did was hack it with ziphone to get 3rd party apps. I just wanna know if my phone will mess up if i update it to 2.0 like that.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
i dont get what you mean by don't do it if my phone is unlocked. All i did was hack it with ziphone to get 3rd party apps. I just wanna know if my phone will mess up if i update it to 2.0 like that.

Ok, so I'm assuming you are on At&t then if you don't know what I mean by unlocking. So if that is the case you can update to 2.0 sure but you will not be able to jailbreak it. At least until the new pwnage tool is released.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro