iPhone 15 and 15 Pro Camera: Apple's next step in photography

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
MaxTech has a video to take a 48 mp sensor Raw photo but then easily convert one or many to, I believe, JPEG. This reduces file size by 10 times. Imho raw to jpeg conversions looked better than smaller sensor pics (most not by a big amount though).

These camera additions to flagships are benefitting much more the small percent who change settings per pic or location. The vast majority let the default/the OS do the choosing, they just point and shoot. Big sensors can be good but they flood the OS and SOC with data while in the act of taking the pic. This can cause a bad pic. Imho The biggest benefit to most consumers would be improving OS-SOC decision making with sufficient data.
The huge zoom is just not useful often. Get a tripod and maybe.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Why the camera’s results are by no means inconsequential, IMO, phone cameras have long been good enough for most uses. I saw a shootout between the S23 Ultra and the iPhone 14PM and in many instances the S23U’s camera handily produced shoots more pleasing to my eyes (notice how I didn’t say, ‘better’). I wouldn’t trade iOS’ features to get thst though and the S23 Ultra is one heluva an awesome phone with more features than most, I suspect, will fully exploit. I love my 2 iPhone 14PMs for their, IMO, balanced approach and great cameras. Would 10x optical zoom be welcomed? …but of course.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
Why the camera’s results are by no means inconsequential, IMO, phone cameras have long been good enough for most uses. I saw a shootout between the S23 Ultra and the iPhone 14PM and in many instances the S23U’s camera handily produced shoots more pleasing to my eyes (notice how I didn’t say, ‘better’). I wouldn’t trade iOS’ features to get thst though and the S23 Ultra is one heluva an awesome phone with more features than most, I suspect, will fully exploit. I love my 2 iPhone 14PMs for their, IMO, balanced approach and great cameras. Would 10x optical zoom be welcomed? …but of course.

Pretty much this right here. For the vast majority of users, pics are very good on most modern flagships. The differences are very often small to the average user.

Yes, S23 took some more pleasing pics. Samsung definitely took a bit more of the Snapchat route this year. Process the pic to make it pleasing…to some. I prefer the true representation pic, I’ll make it pleasing if needed . That’s easy enough to do. But all of it is very much personal taste.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73