iPhone 14 supply chain warns of 'drastic' price increases

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
One supplier of essential materials used to make chips in devices like the iPhone has been forced to pass on "drastic" price increases to customers and warns there are more hikes to come.

Full story from the iMore Blog...

I’ll just say this. If the price of the new iPhone increases “drastically” then I’ll just continue using the one I already have. It’s that simple.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Well, having the 11 Pro Max, I’m really looking forward to the 14 this fall.

Depending on just how much the price jumps, I may just get the 13.

Or maybe jump ship again.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I’m not in the market for a new iPhone this time around, so I’m more than happy to sit this one out!

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
Well, having the 11 Pro Max, I’m really looking forward to the 14 this fall.

Same here! Since I’m a cash buyer and not interested in device payments I was planning to upgrade our iPhones, iPads, and Apple Watch. Guess I’ll need to keep tabs on pricing a little more closely. Here’s to hoping we can still have an Apple Christmas 🤞🏽

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
Apple has its earnings report in a few weeks. A.k.a. it’s the most wonderful time of the y..…quarter for stock effecting stories. It is like clockwork every ER time (especially Bloomberg). A few days ago Apple was significantly cutting back manufacturing numbers.
Anything is possible but Apple is the most prized customer in the industry. 1.3 billion devices, one company, one contract for a one megaton of one specific part. Everywhere on the planet there is another supplier telling Apple to please let us be your supplier. So a supplier is just going to ‘tell’ Apple ‘sorry, it is going to cost you a lot more’? Umm, no they probably are not.
Bookmark this story and comments. I Look forward to seeing the reality of this “drastic” price increase in iPhone 14. History says this is more Bloomberg clickbait. September here we come :)

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Apple has its earnings report in a few weeks. A.k.a. it’s the most wonderful time of the y..…quarter for stock effecting stories. It is like clockwork every ER time (especially Bloomberg). A few days ago Apple was significantly cutting back manufacturing numbers.
Anything is possible but Apple is the most prized customer in the industry. 1.3 billion devices, one company, one contract for a one megaton of one specific part. Everywhere on the planet there is another supplier telling Apple to please let us be your supplier. So a supplier is just going to ‘tell’ Apple ‘sorry, it is going to cost you a lot more’? Umm, no they probably are not.
Bookmark this story and comments. I Look forward to seeing the reality of this “drastic” price increase in iPhone 14. History says this is more Bloomberg clickbait. September here we come :)

Agreed! There are always rumors… some more outrageous than others. In my mind, there’s no point in buying into the rumor drama…

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2