iPhone 13: To upgrade or not to upgrade?

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I would’ve loved a Mini Pro! I’m not thrilled that the 13 Pro is a little larger than the X it’ll be replacing, but it’s time for me to upgrade this line & I refuse to not have the Pro features. It kind of sucks, but it is what it is.

I also thought about replacing my 11 Pro, as well, and getting both the Pro & Mini, but I’m not sure I want to get back into upgrading both phones at the same time again. But as I’m typing this, it kind of makes sense to do it because it’ll be better to carry a 13Pro & Mini vs a 13Pro & 11Pro…..UGH I hate when I enable myself

Yeah I think the danger though is if they do a Mini sized Pro, and also have a non-Pro version, it starts to dilute the product line. Even worse would be if they made it a slightly larger screen size say 5.8 like the X/XS/11 Pro to differentiate it. Now you've got a 4th resolution for devs to deal with just on the current lineup alone for app design. I suspect that's why they made the 12/12 Pro and now the 13/13 Pro the same screen size last year when they decided to bring the Mini. Still 3 screen sizes, but across 4 models.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I stopped asking that long time ago. lol

Life is too short enjoy whatever makes you happy.

You are absolutely correct!! Love this

I decided to late and now have to wait for my 10-28 ship date

Wow…didn’t know they were getting pushed out that far. Maybe check an apple store or Best Buy or something. I didn’t pre-order & was able to pick one up on launch. The stores here in Napa still have inventory.

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
The only one I passed on was 10 years ago...4S.

Other S models that were definitely worth getting over their predecessors were the 5S and 6S (Plus for me).

Some say this year should have been an S year. Maybe so since they are sort of alike. Maybe (Apple) is doing away with the S suffix now?

There is talk next year's Pro models will feature titanium frames. That will be nice as it will still have great strength/rigidity and not be so heavy. And titanium can be treated in a way to make for some neat colors, brushed so it's not such a fingerprint magnet. Time will tell.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
You are absolutely correct!! Love this

Wow…didn’t know they were getting pushed out that far. Maybe check an apple store or Best Buy or something. I didn’t pre-order & was able to pick one up on launch. The stores here in Napa still have inventory.

Didn’t think about the Apple Store. Thanks

The 128GB models are available but the 512GB’s are on back order

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Didn’t think about the Apple Store. Thanks

The 128GB models are available but the 512GB’s are on back order

Damn!!! I didn’t realize so many people are going for higher storage amounts. That’s interesting. Hopefully, they’ll start coming back in stock soon.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Damn!!! I didn’t realize so many people are going for higher storage amounts. That’s interesting. Hopefully, they’ll start coming back in stock soon.

Maybe planning for the prores format. At 6GB a minute my 256 will barely make 30 minutes with its remaining free storage at 4k.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Ahhhh…that makes so much sense!!

Yeah though after seeing reviews talking about it. I’m not likely to use that. I don’t think I even have software that can edit it and apparently it’s dog slow to transfer that amount of data over lightning since it’s USB 2 still. Apparently airdrop is fast but I don’t have a Mac so that’s out.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah though after seeing reviews talking about it. I’m not likely to use that. I don’t think I even have software that can edit it and apparently it’s dog slow to transfer that amount of data over lightning since it’s USB 2 still. Apparently airdrop is fast but I don’t have a Mac so that’s out.

I’m not fancy enough to use this

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Maybe planning for the prores format. At 6GB a minute my 256 will barely make 30 minutes with its remaining free storage at 4k.

Exactly they release ProRaw and ProRes and also state there’s No 4K on the 128 GB models and not suspect that they would get a run on the high storage models.

I love review videos on YouTube but then the drop testers and teardown tubers get hold of devices that could be in my pocket right now instead of having to wait for the end of October

Wooo! Rant over I feel better

I made my decision to late should have Pre-ordered