IPhone 13 Pro Max overheating?

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I just received my iPhone Pro Max 13 today. I instantly upgraded the iOS to the most current 15.3 beta and started to restore from an iCloud backup from my old iPhone 12 Pro. I put the phone in my Qi Charger (Nomad) while restoring. After about 20 minutes, the iPhone 13 displayed a message that the phone was overheating and the restore was paused until the phone cooled down. The phone is not yet in a case, which is supposed to arrive tomorrow,

Is there an overheating issue with this iPhone, or is the restore process just resource and battery intensive? Apple support offered that I should reinstall iOS 15.2. That’s great, but I have to have 15.3 on the phone to restore from my backup.

turbochgd

Sep 21, 2021
Visit site
It sounds like between updating the OS, restoring your backup, plus putting it on the Qi charger there was excess heat generated. I’m pretty sure this isn’t an issue with your phone but more a combination of those things combined. I remember when I first got my 13 Pro it got pretty warm after all the updating and my incessant playing with it. I thought something was wrong with the phone too. It’s been absolutely fine since then.

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
It sounds like between updating the OS, restoring your backup, plus putting it on the Qi charger there was excess heat generated. I’m pretty sure this isn’t an issue with your phone but more a combination of those things combined. I remember when I first got my 13 Pro it got pretty warm after all the updating and my incessant playing with it. I thought something was wrong with the phone too. It’s been absolutely fine since then.

Yes. It completed restoring and cooled off, and is cool to the touch now even while on the charger.

scott Lashville

Sep 30, 2021
Visit site
When the phone receives new updates it'll get heated as the OS is getting used to it, after a few days, the phone will automatically cool down and get used to the new update.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Mine was quite warm during the setup. I had it plugged in and also my 12 max was plugged in. But today no feeling warm like that. I suspect during setup.

MontrelExpo67

Jan 21, 2022
Visit site
what case you using? you might need to ditch the 20W charger, as iPhone 13 wont let you charget it on 20w but onlky 15w, that is the only reason it happened

scott Lashville

Sep 30, 2021
Visit site
what case you using? you might need to ditch the 20W charger, as iPhone 13 wont let you charget it on 20w but onlky 15w, that is the only reason it happened

I'm using this gadgetshieldz skin on my phone and it is made from 3M vinyl material so I don't feel the heat because this material is heat-resistant.

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I do find my phone does get quite warm when using a wireless 20w charger compared to the 5w I’m used to using…interesting, not a concerning warm though. My 13 pro max hasn’t overheated as of yet

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2