iPhone 13 dark mode.

KCox2021

Sep 13, 2021
Visit site
Hi all, out of curiosity, will keeping dark mode on my iPhone 13 really conserve battery life? Some photos and sites look nicer with dark mode off.

Thanks for any help

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
cant really answer this question. not sure if is a battery saver option. I been using dark mode since this feat came out been using on my 12 pro max and I love it better then always having the lighter mode in my opinion

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Yes oled displays conserve battery life with a true dark mode ( true black, not so much with shades of grey), however having said that it will only give you a couple of minutes if that.

If you are concerned about battery life there is always low power mode.

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
Just browsed thru this thread.
Then switched to dark mode.
And back to normal.
Dark mode confuses me. It feels like overlooking things. In particular, the sender's bubbles in messengers, all black (or very dark grey) on black, are irritating.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I like dark mode in the evenings, except when I'm reading via the Kindle App. I have learned that I don't like reading a book with white text on a dark background. So, I added dark mode to my iPad's control center.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
There's much better ways of conserving battery life than dark mode. Remember the big 3 battery users are Screen Brightness, Location Services, and Push Notifications. Reduce those as much as possible. And toggle Preload Top Hit off in Settings > Safari. That uses a lot of battery.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
There's much better ways of conserving battery life than dark mode. Remember the big 3 battery users are Screen Brightness, Location Services, and Push Notifications. Reduce those as much as possible. And toggle Preload Top Hit off in Settings > Safari. That uses a lot of battery.

Dark mode helps reduce screen brightness, right?

Plus, it looks cool.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro