• iPhone 12 or 12 mini

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
Nope. In my opinion the new Pacific Blue is the best color this year. Good Luck in whatever color YOU choose.

I kinda like the blue but wish it was a bit darker blue. Since I my usual cases are not clear(don’t really like clear cases anyway) it really won’t matter for me. So I’ll probably just go with the grey one again.

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Pro Max 512. Go big or go home! ;)

I do wonder what iOS version will be on the (12 Pro Max) @release day.
My 11 Pro Max is on 14.2 DB4 and I would like to restore it easily.
HOWEVER I'm fine with setting up as new to play with it first before installing a profile, updating and restoring.
After using a Note 20 Ultra for 2 months a 12 Pro would look tiny in comparison.
I really like the (Note 20 Ultra) but I want the 12 Pro Max camera AND it has dual line (e-sim) capability.

For the first time I will be ordering for delivery (and paying state tax) rather than picking up on release day at the store due to CV19. Not worth the hassle for $90. And after the fiasco last year getting my 11 Pro Max at the Christiana Mall store (10:30 AM appointment was really 12:30!) I'm done.

I wonder how fast they'll sell out. As usual, I'll be hitting apple.com at 0800 EST SHARP to order and give "Tim Apple" my greenbacks. Then pins and needles for a week waiting for FedEx or UPS to deliver.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Pro Max 512. Go big or go home! ;)

I do wonder what iOS version will be on the (12 Pro Max) @release day.
My 11 Pro Max is on 14.2 DB4 and I would like to restore it easily.
HOWEVER I'm fine with setting up as new to play with it first before installing a profile, updating and restoring.

I’m on the 14.2 beta as well. The Pro shipped with 14.1. Just set it up as new and installed the beta profile. Quick full restore and then was able to seamlessly restore using my iPhone 11 Pro to set up my 12 Pro on 14.2 beta

The Max may ship with 14.2, but I’m sure there will also be a new beta out by then

Dukins

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
After using plus size iPhones since the 6S and into the max versions for all these years, I’ve finally gotten tired of lugging around a big phone in my pocket. I traded in my 11 Pro Midnight Green Max and went with the iPhone Pro Gold. I was hesitating a lot if I wanted to jump down a few inches after all these years, but I’m good with it. Easier to hold in one hand, a bit lighter, and just pocketable. Still getting use to it, but I think I made the right call. Back to normal sized phones from now on. Also, the gold looks great!

Ditto. Going to go smaller this time around graphite 12p. Comparing my 11pm and 12p Apple case. It looks like the size is semi comparable for my taste. Guess I’ll wear my readers more now lol.

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Would definitely like to see some video of folks holding the Pro Max vs Pro. I’m coming from a IPhone X and my only concern is pocket carry for the Pro Max.

I went to Verizon and compared the size of the 11 pro and 11 pro max. My sense was the pro max was only slightly larger and still would fit in a pocket. The 12 pro max and 12 pro seem to be almost the same sizes as the 11 series. I can use my Apple Watch when I don’t want to carry a phone. I’m obviously leaning towards the pro max.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I am holding off right now and because 5 g isn’t in AZ yet. I also still owe money on my 11pro Max and it’s a great phone. I just got not less than 2 months ago the series 5 watch. Paid outright and sold my series 4 I am getting the new iPad Air 4. I need to wait and see.
I don’t need a new phone. It would be a want. Got to have. But need 5g in Arizona!

Michael#IM

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
I’m planing of upgrade from 11 Pro Max to 12 Pro Max. Got my screen protector and put it on my 11 Pro Max and wow it’s big. Hopefully it’s because there are thinner bezels on 12 Pro Max

Is the screen protector significantly larger much more screen? I have the 11 pro max in a Otterbox commuter case. I have the 12 pro max otterbox commuter case ready. Side by side around the same width and only slightly taller. Difference is tiny.

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Is the screen protector significantly larger much more screen? I have the 11 pro max in a Otterbox commuter case. I have the 12 pro max otterbox commuter case ready. Side by side around the same width and only slightly taller. Difference is tiny.

Yes, I believe the screen protector for 12 pro Max I much larger than my current 11 pro Max. But the screen on 12 pro Max is 0,2 “ bigger. I’m happy to hear that the case I similar I size. That means 12 pro Max screen is bigger but perhaps 12 pro Max overall size isn’t much bigger

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Going from XS Max to Pro Max. I just don't really want to reduce screen size down to a 12 Pro. I am "assuming" the 12 Pro Max will not feel "much bigger" than the XS max. My cases arrive on Wednesday and that will give me a better idea of the size in hand before the phone shows up on Friday. Not like there is much I can do about it anyway.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I got the 12 Pro and I'm glad I did because MKBHD and CNET both said in their reviews of the 12 Pro Max that the new camera system in the Max isn't noticeably any better than the 12 Pro. I'm glad I saved a couple hundred bucks.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Well, the 12 Max is big and I would not want something smaller than my XS Max that is also is prettier and nicer to handle. I'm sure I'll get over it fast.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I have the iPhone 12 Pro Max 256GB Graphite and I love it. Coming from a 7 Plus, the size is the same but with more screen estate. Did I already say I love it?
The 40 grams more weight is something I have to get used to, which will happen this week

anachrotech

Aug 14, 2018
Visit site
I have the iPhone 12 Pro Max 256GB Graphite and I love it. Coming from a 7 Plus, the size is the same but with more screen estate. Did I already say I love it?
The 40 grams more weight is something I have to get used to, which will happen this week

When I received my 8 Plus after my Lumia 950, I almost returned it. The thing was a tank ! But I stuck it out and got used to it. When I received my 12 Pro Max 256GB Pacific Blue, I had no issues with the weight. And I actually prefer the square edges - and I love the expansive screen real estate. Puts the 8 to shame.
I'm debating getting a different case though. I bought a Incipio clear, to better appreciate the nice color and the rails, but meh. I may end up covering it with a leather Baltic Blue. Not sure....

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
Max, no question. The size is good for me and the screen is great for viewing everything. Plus, I always take my video in 4K 60fps and with the Max, I can now also do HDR/DV at 60fps, something the smaller pro can’t do.

Got the 12 Pro Max in Pacific Blue.

falconeight#IM

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I think it depends on your current tech and lifestyle. I have a 12 pro max, Apple Watch, and MacBook. I use my watch to keep me from having to use my phone a lot during the day. I consume a lot on my phone so the screen and battery is nice. I use my Mac for big tasks. If I had an iPad then I would defiantly go for a smaller phone, probably the mini.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
If I had an iPad then I would defiantly go for a smaller phone, probably the mini.

I have a 12.9 (2018) iPad Pro and still got the Pro Max (also have a 16" MBP & S6 Apple Watch). Coming to the 12 Pro Max from an XS Max and an 8+ before that I just like the bigger screens for the ability to increase the font size and see / read whatever app comfortably. I don't use my phone for games, or reading stories/news or watching anything... it's mostly a phone and my calendar / tasks / work / notes / reminder / device. When on the road I do use it with CarPlay and when stopped for gas or on site I use it to check and maybe fast reply emails or to add notes to Drafts or Reminders etc.. the bigger screen for "ME" works. That being said my iPad Pro I use at night to read the news and Reddit while we watch TV and I use when I do an 1-night travel and feel it's not worth taking the MBP. I am actually considering getting a M1 13" Air or Pro and selling off the iPad as I am not using the pencil as much anymore. I find due to the Magic Keyboard I use the trackpad a lot and don't bother to "pop out the iPadPro" to write notes or use Procreate. Times and needs change I guess.