• iPhone 12 or 12 mini

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Just dropped... which iPhone will you be getting?!

I'm honestly on the fence between the Pro and Pro Max. The cost-benefit analysis for me comes down to: is it worth it to wait an extra 3 weeks + have a larger phone (the size of the Max leans toward a con for me) vs. slightly better camera zoom and OIS with the wide angle camera.

I'm honestly leaning towards 12 Pro in Pacific Blue (I have an 11 Pro now and like the size; I'm not sure if I'd get used to the larger Max size (or at least not sure if I'd enjoy it, even if I got used to it)).

Thoughts?

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Max for me. But I don't have an iPad, so...

I have an iPad Pro and it is a workhorse. My phone is mainly for passive gaming, media consumption, texting/calling, and photography on the go (I have a Nikon DSLR when I’m being “serious”)

Which is why I’m stuck - it’s going to come down to just how much better the extra .5 zoom and OIS in wide mode is on the Max vs the 12 Pro. I really like the size of the 12 Pro and would likely have to change how I handle my device if I went for the Max. As it is now, gripping the phone in one palm, I can just barely reach the opposite corner with my thumb (on 11 Pro).

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I am VERY very disappointed that there is a difference in cameras between the Pro and Pro Max. = (

Same here.

Although I’m not sure how much of a difference it will actually make. Seems to me to be (1) longer zoom and (2) enhanced OIS on the wide lens. Everything else is nearly identical, right?

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
If I get a phone, it will probably be the 12 PRO. If the mini had the same camera as the 12 Pro, I'd get it. I definitely don't want a bigger phone.

scarr2k

Oct 31, 2017
Visit site
Would definitely like to see some video of folks holding the Pro Max vs Pro. I’m coming from a IPhone X and my only concern is pocket carry for the Pro Max.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I voted for the 12 Pro, but I am also on the fence! I need to see both in person so that I can see if the Pro Max is too big.

minimejer05

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
Going from an 11 Pro Max to a 12 Pro. The bigger size was nice for viewing videos but always hard to hold. Now that it seems to be even bigger, I figured I should try a downsize. Maybe the larger size of the Pro will be the “right” size for me. Not too worried about the slight change in cameras. Also, bought an iPad Pro this year which makes a larger phone less important for me.

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm really torn. I think it is time to upgrade from the X for both myself and my wife. I am bouncing back and forth between the mini and Pro. I always said that I wanted the original SE with a full screen, and now they basically have that, but I don't want to miss out on the better cameras. It is at least a step up from the X either way, but not sure what to go with. I think my wife will be getting a Pro.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh