iPhone 12 Pro after 2 months

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
As with most folks out there, I preordered my iPhone 12 Pro on the first day of pre order and wanted to share my view of the device after 2 months of being my daily driver.

First, I have no regrets about upgrading from my iPhone 11 Pro, which I gave to my nephew and he loves the device. It served me well after a solid year of use.

The 12 Pro battery life has been very good and I have seen improvements with each software update. I leave mine on a wireless charger overnight and the device last me an entire day with my normal usage.

I have adapted to the new squared design and actually like how it feels in my hand. I had an early issue with the Apple leather case, but I exchanged it for the clear plastic one and all is good.

Call quality has been excellent and I have been on T Mobile for many years and have no complaints. I have seen a big boost in network speed with 5G compared with the LTE band on my iPhone 11 Pro which is to be expected.

I use an aftermarket wireless charger instead of Apple Mag Safe one, but it charges my device quickly and haven’t had any charging issues.

The screen is sharp and clear and seems faster and smoother then my 11 Pro. I haven’t experienced any lag issues. My apps load up quickly and run smoothly.

Overall I am quite pleased with the device and no regrets about spending the cash to upgrade.

I currently have the black graphite model, but after seeing the all gold one in person, I see replacing my black one with the all gold one in the near future.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Very good. I went from XS Max to the 12 Pro Max ASAP and am satisfied. There was a problem with my Verizon activation where they ultimately found a setting did not propagate in their network and voice calls seem fine since.

As a very hands on IT dir/admin I see, handle and help with lots of devices and feel the whole line up of 4 new models is great. On choosing the Max, it is big but absolutely superb in a few ways. Battery life for sure, and for me the mid and tele cameras make a significant difference.

A very interesting observation at two months is how often I'm at my work sites and not even using my laptop. It's part from app updates but that should be considered for the work some do. I'm using the laptop and iPad less with 12 Pro Max.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
As with most folks out there, I preordered my iPhone 12 Pro on the first day of pre order and wanted to share my view of the device after 2 months of being my daily driver.

First, I have no regrets about upgrading from my iPhone 11 Pro, which I gave to my nephew and he loves the device. It served me well after a solid year of use.

The 12 Pro battery life has been very good and I have seen improvements with each software update. I leave mine on a wireless charger overnight and the device last me an entire day with my normal usage.

I have adapted to the new squared design and actually like how it feels in my hand. I had an early issue with the Apple leather case, but I exchanged it for the clear plastic one and all is good.

Call quality has been excellent and I have been on T Mobile for many years and have no complaints. I have seen a big boost in network speed with 5G compared with the LTE band on my iPhone 11 Pro which is to be expected.

I use an aftermarket wireless charger instead of Apple Mag Safe one, but it charges my device quickly and haven’t had any charging issues.

The screen is sharp and clear and seems faster and smoother then my 11 Pro. I haven’t experienced any lag issues. My apps load up quickly and run smoothly.

Overall I am quite pleased with the device and no regrets about spending the cash to upgrade.

I currently have the black graphite model, but after seeing the all gold one in person, I see replacing my black one with the all gold one in the near future.

I appreciate this review since We’ve ordered a 12 Pro for me and lI am so excited!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Like you @bakron, I don’t have any regrets purchasing my iPhone 12 Pro. The size is perfect for me and I like how it feels in my hand. As for battery life, it has been pretty good, but definitely not as good as my iPhone 11 Pro Max.

Then again, I have been on vacation here in Madison, Wisconsin so I’ve been on my phone way more than normal. Anyway, excellent thread, sir and thank you for sharing your experience.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Like you @bakron, I don’t have any regrets purchasing my iPhone 12 Pro. The size is perfect for me and I like how it feels in my hand. As for battery life, it has been pretty good, but definitely not as good as my iPhone 11 Pro Max.

Then again, I have been on vacation here in Madison, Wisconsin so I’ve been on my phone way more than normal. Anyway, excellent thread, sir and thank you for sharing your experience.

You better rent a fat bike tomorrow. The snow's stopped and trail grooming has started.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
Same, man. I switch between my 12 Pro Max and 12 Pro and I find myself using the 12 Pro more just because it's more pocketable. I don't notice any photo quality differences between the two. I'm going to get rid of one of these soon and I think it'll be the 12 Pro Max.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You better rent a fat bike tomorrow. The snow's stopped and trail grooming has started.

No, not this time. I’ll be on a plane heading back to Orlando tomorrow where the high temperature is predicted to be around 80°....

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I am enjoying my 12 Pro Max. I love the larger devices and this model is a keeper. Battery life is outstanding.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73