Iphone 12 mini volume control

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I noticed that :

1. everytime i use my earphone, the ringer vol automatically jump to he highest.

2. On homescreen, i can control my ringer volume with the side buttons (since i set that at the setting), but when my screen is on apps, sometimes it control my volume , and not ringer. And this randomly happened

Anyone has the same issue ? Is it a bug ?

Thx

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I aware of the setting to use the vol button for ringer

For point no 1, i showed you my screen recorded. First, i turn the ringer up, then turn it down again. After that I plug my headset, and boh ringer and media vol shown on the screen, and if you notice, the ringer vol jump automatically to mid vol, which I have turn down previously

For point no 2, i can’t show u, bcs it happens randomly. Sometimes while i’m using app, eg typing on tapatalk, the vol button change my media vol, not the ringer. As I know, unless i’m on multimedia app, the vol button should only work for ringer, not media vol, right ?

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0tyLM-Jl8WssXX4MPFc1gxPVg

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I know that iOS stores different ringer volumes for different sound destinations. That's why you see the volume change when you attach the headset. IIRC it should remember the ringer volume setting that you change to with the headset attached when you unplug it and then attach it again.

As for the volume button control, I have mine set not to change ringer volume ever. But I believe that Apple offers an API to allow developers to change the media volume with buttons rather than the ringer volume, and I am sure Tapatalk uses that because you can, in fact, start playing media files within the app.

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
I know that iOS stores different ringer volumes for different sound destinations. That's why you see the volume change when you attach the headset. IIRC it should remember the ringer volume setting that you change to with the headset attached when you unplug it and then attach it again.

As for the volume button control, I have mine set not to change ringer volume ever. But I believe that Apple offers an API to allow developers to change the media volume with buttons rather than the ringer volume, and I am sure Tapatalk uses that because you can, in fact, start playing media files within the app.

Thx for ur explanation

What is IIRC ?
It’s annoying to have to keep changing the ringer vol everytime i plug/un the earphone, which i use a lot. At day, i use for phonecall, at night for audiobooks or music. At day, in some occasion i need to turn up the ringer vol to avoid missing some notif. And because of that, for easier sake, i use the button to change the ringer vol. At night, i need to use my “normal” ringer vol, which is low. Many times i got startled from my sleep just because of this auto up/down ringer vol, and i don’t want to put in sleep mode.
Is this a new thing ? Because i’m pretty sure my ip7 didn’t have this kinda thing

And for the 2nd point, well, hm ... and we should remember which app/site do this and which not ? For me personally, it’s a mess ...

And now, because of the inconsistent ringer vol, sometimes i got emberassed because high ringer on quite public place, missing some call without knowing it, and get startled because of the high ringer while i’m at sleep

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2