iPhone 12 Mini Screen Protector Installation Experience

worldspy99

Trusted Member
Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
So I finally unboxed my iPhone 12 mini. I waited for a week or two before opening it. Don't know why I did that but better late than never.

Well one reason is that I am primarily an Android user but do have a work iPhone Xr. I also have an iPad Pro which I use quite a bit for work and watching video while on the go. Back in the day I was a big fan of the Lumia 520 and Nexus 4&5 and original iPhone 5 series phones. Basically, I like small screen devices more than the gargantuan slabs that we have these days.

So this year when Apple announced the 12 Mini I decided to take the plunge. I got a iPhone 12 Mini in Blue. My favorite color - I miss the Cyan Lumias of the past. I did get a clear case to show off the color of course.

As far as screen protectors go I got a set from amFilm. To be honest I haven't used their products before but decided to give it a try - they tempted me with a Slickdeals coupon code.

This long post is to share that the screen protector installation was absolutely flawless. The included frame and step by step guide is quite helpful. But more than that I didn't have to squeeze the bubbles or anything like that. Just put the screen protector on from bottom to top in the alignment frame and 10 seconds later, voila. Wow. Super impressed.

Just thought I would share that here.

Anyone else have any recommendations on cases? I have about 4 more on order but you can never really have enough cases.

Anyway phone is up and running and so far about 20 hours in I am super happy. Anyone else who made the switch and is excited about the 12 mini as I am?

20201212_115525.jpg

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The device looks great and thank you for sharing your experience with us. I have not heard of the screen protector brand you mentioned, but I’m glad you’re satisfied with your purchase. Thanks again.

worldspy99

Trusted Member
Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Yup, apparently AmFilm is TechMatte. The only previous TechMatte experience I had was a USB-C cable I purchased from them about 5 years ago. Still going strong. But so far very happy with my 12 Mini.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
So I finally unboxed my iPhone 12 mini. I waited for a week or two before opening it. Don't know why I did that but better late than never.

Well one reason is that I am primarily an Android user but do have a work iPhone Xr. I also have an iPad Pro which I use quite a bit for work and watching video while on the go. Back in the day I was a big fan of the Lumia 520 and Nexus 4&5 and original iPhone 5 series phones. Basically, I like small screen devices more than the gargantuan slabs that we have these days.

So this year when Apple announced the 12 Mini I decided to take the plunge. I got a iPhone 12 Mini in Blue. My favorite color - I miss the Cyan Lumias of the past. I did get a clear case to show off the color of course.

As far as screen protectors go I got a set from amFilm. To be honest I haven't used their products before but decided to give it a try - they tempted me with a Slickdeals coupon code.

This long post is to share that the screen protector installation was absolutely flawless. The included frame and step by step guide is quite helpful. But more than that I didn't have to squeeze the bubbles or anything like that. Just put the screen protector on from bottom to top in the alignment frame and 10 seconds later, voila. Wow. Super impressed.

Anyone else have any recommendations on cases? I have about 4 more on order but you can never really have enough cases.

Anyway phone is up and running and so far about 20 hours in I am super happy. Anyone else who made the switch and is excited about the 12 mini as I am?

View attachment 130040

Thanks for sharing your awesome experience and review. It’s very helpful to others who are looking for screen protectors. Hopefully I’ll be in that grouping soon! That is, if Santa is listening!

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Good luck. If you have done this before then no issues. Otherwise best to watch a video or two before installation.

I have done a lot of screen protectors always use them.
Screen protectors have saved me a lot of cracked screens over the years.

Last edited:

mrluky60

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site

View attachment 130040

Got mine last week,great phone,have three cases all ready. can't find screen protector yet

worldspy99

Trusted Member
Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Got mine last week,great phone,have three cases all ready. can't find screen protector yet
I like this AmFilm Tech Matte tempered glass screen protector set that I got. Check to see if there is a slickdeals coupon. Current price is $7.99 for a set of 3 I believe.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW