iPhone 12 5G

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Anyone going to update to the new 12 with 5G when it’s released or stay with your 11? I will probably update myself I am on TMobile.

Al Paca

Aug 10, 2018
Visit site
For me it depends. If all iPhone 12 models have 5G I’ll upgrade my 11 Pro. If any truth that 5.4” won’t have 5G then I may not update.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I’m definitely interested, and will be updating to an iPhone 12. Which model is tbd, once the specs are revealed!

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I’ll hang into the 11 Pro Max. Since 5G I’m my area is way down on the totem pole I’m not going to rush to get a 5G device.

staceymj86

Feb 18, 2019
Visit site
I’m upgrading my XS Max to the 12 Pro Max 512GB, wether 5GB is out in my city. I also will be switching from T-Mobile to Verizon.

frankf10

May 21, 2020
Visit site
after iphone 12 release..how many generations back would be fine to have a supported phone for 3-5 years? the 12 looks promising, but not sure i need 5g.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
My 11 Pro Max is flawless but I still want the new 12 series and probably will go with the Flagship not for the 5G but the new rumored design caught my eye

rebretz000

Mar 20, 2017
Visit site
I’m upgrading to the 12 Pro most likely for the Sub-6 5G on T-Mobile. Being able to have the building penetration and signal strength of the old low band LTE will be nice. I don’t need the crazy fast speeds for anything so I don’t care about the MM Wave at all.
I’d honestly prefer the 12 regular if it had a telephoto lens instead of an ultra wide. I use zoom for pictures more often the wide photos.

nikkinemo95

Jul 14, 2020
Visit site
iPhone 12 will release in September, it will be expensive, it will probably have 5G, it will have better specs than the iPhone 11...

Last edited:

rebretz000

Mar 20, 2017
Visit site
I read pricing will be better then last year and not more expensive.

I think the iPhone 12 will will be more expensive that the iPhone 11 but the Pro Models will be the same price. The regular phones will go up because of OLED screens and 5G. I think Apple will try and keep the Pro models the same price despite 5G or only the Pro Max will go up.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I think the iPhone 12 will will be more expensive that the iPhone 11 but the Pro Models will be the same price. The regular phones will go up because of OLED screens and 5G. I think Apple will try and keep the Pro models the same price despite 5G or only the Pro Max will go up.

I have a few friends with T-Mobile 5 g and they are getting awesome speeds this is the only reason I will upgrade.

TechBob

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site
I have a few friends with T-Mobile 5 g and they are getting awesome speeds this is the only reason I will upgrade.

Yes. I have the S20 Plus 5G and I am getting 150 Mbps to a max of 235 Mbps. I am not on mmWave, but I do believe that T-Mobile has turned on the mid band 5G that they bought from Sprint. On a 4G LTE device I am getting 40 Mbps or 50 Mbps. When T-Mobile 5G was first released, it was a huge yawn. Now, it is great. I won't use my XS Max as, in comparison, it is very slow regarding network speeds. So, when the new 5G iPhones come out, bye bye XS Max.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Yes. I have the S20 Plus 5G and I am getting 150 Mbps to a max of 235 Mbps. I am not on mmWave, but I do believe that T-Mobile has turned on the mid band 5G that they bought from Sprint. On a 4G LTE device I am getting 40 Mbps or 50 Mbps. When T-Mobile 5G was first released, it was a huge yawn. Now, it is great. I won't use my XS Max as, in comparison, it is very slow regarding network speeds. So, when the new 5G iPhones come out, bye bye XS Max.

I just hope that the new iPhone covers both bands if not all 3. I am ok with my 11 and pro max but might as well sell the max and keep the 11 for a backup.

TechBob

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site
I just hope that the new iPhone covers both bands if not all 3. I am ok with my 11 and pro max but might as well sell the max and keep the 11 for a backup.

They all will cover low and mid band. That essentially takes care of T-Mobile and AT&T, as low/mid band is where the action is for both of those companies. mmWave will likely only be on the larger devices. The mmWave antennas take up a lot of room. That is probably why batteries are projected to be smaller in the 12 series. There just isn't enough room to pack everything in. Low and mid band don't require special antennas. There should be no problem getting low and mid bands on all 12 series and mmWave on the Pro line. The 5G chip from Qualcomm supports them all. If Apple uses the current x55 modem chip, the 12 series should support everything 5G that the S20 does and probably in similar fashion (small version S20 - low/midband). Larger Plus and Ultra versions have mmWave antennas and can do it all. Some sources are saying that Apple will use the newer, more advanced x60 modem. That will have even more advanced 5G features. You will likely see Apple, after lagging behind in the cellular network area, jump ahead of Samsung, unless the Note 20 uses the x60 chip, but it is believed to keep the x55. Check this article out:
https://www.tomsguide.com/news/iphone-12-could-crush-android-phones-with-this-5g-upgrade

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox