iPhone 11 doesn't automatically switch to headphone mic

stefanie_trg

Jan 23, 2020
Visit site
Basically, when my headphones are plugged in and I call someone, my iPhone 11 doesn't automatically use the mic of my headphones but the normal mic of the phone. So when I put my phone in my pocket or similar people will hear me far away and muffled. However, when I unplug my headphones during the call and plug them in again, it switches to the headphone mic most of the time and people say they can hear me way more clearly.

The headphones are the original Apple earphones that came with the phone and sit in the lighting port. I've also checked Call Audio Routing, which is on Automatic.

Anyone experiencing the same issue and/or have any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks,
Stef

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
First of all, let me take a minute to welcome you to iMore. I'm glad you found us, and hope that you'll get the answers you're looking for.

In regards to your question, I'm assuming that your headphones are wired? If so, could the issue be the cord?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore. I agree with Moderator Annie. It seems like a connection issue with the wired earbuds cord/lighting port. Did you check for debris in the port area?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro