iPadOS 14 Developer Beta 1

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I guess everyone is talking about this in the iOS14 beta 1 threat, but I thought I’d post a thread for dedicated issues/discussion related to iPadOS specific items!

1. Biggest bug/glitch I’ve noticed deals with the smart stack widget. It’s awesome when it works, but it tends to glitch quite a bit when trying to scroll through:
5e500ec99dcc21bb5d20d9b1f1853bdb.png

I’ve already sent a full screen recording documenting the issue through the Feedback app to Apple!

Also, is it just me, or do you all wish that widgets could be placed throughout the homescreen like on iOS?

I like my wallpaper and all, but I have so much empty and unusable space!!
2b725468c1aaf045ff1b31e9eabb763a.png
09cfdb2cefa1864bad8ffe8b5468b13d.png

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I was experiencing a glitch with the aforementioned widget PRIOR TO installing iOS 14 and it was still present after installing it. I did a clean install of iOS 14 on my iPad Pro and now the issue is resolved. As for the empty space, I don't mind it at all. It'll be occupied when you open an app....;)

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I was experiencing a glitch with the aforementioned widget PRIOR TO installing iOS 14 and it was still present after installing it. I did a clean install of iOS 14 on my iPad Pro and now the issue is resolved. As for the empty space, I don't mind it at all. It'll be occupied when you open an app....;)

That’s true... I do think it would be cool to have like a widget “Base” with some of the “large” sized widgets on that second page though! Especially when third party app developers start creating widgets that can be placed throughout the OS! The sidebar just won’t be enough (scrolling to a widget would take longer than just opening the app!)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
That’s true... I do think it would be cool to have like a widget “Base” with some of the “large” sized widgets on that second page though! Especially when third party app developers start creating widgets that can be placed throughout the OS! The sidebar just won’t be enough (scrolling to a widget would take longer than just opening the app!)

Agreed...:)

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site

How do you get those app's Widget ?IMG_3960.JPG

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Sidecar still works on iOS14!

The Mac I was using was on Catalina, however. I will check again with Big Sur and edit this post shortly!

372905613acd05d969426fd5691b9fd0.jpg

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Sidecar working well with Big Sur x iPadOS 14.

There are a few bugs:
1. I can’t get the dock to show up on the iPad display, it only stays on my Mac display
2. Disconnecting is kind of difficult - seems like I can’t actually disconnect it from my Mac (it keeps trying to re-connect); but if I go into multitasking on my iPad and “swipe away” Sidecar, it disconnects properly.
3. The menu bar colors are inverted (they should be white, as they are on Big Sur, but they invert to black. I actually prefer the black, since my wallpaper is light on the top (and the white is nearly invisible on my Mac running Big Sur), so at first I thought this wasn’t a bug, but when you look at my other app icons, like the OneDrive, Bumpr, and Magnet icons in the Menu bar, they are color inverted as well.

2b25d1d54c10ab225a039f8385c84843.jpg

Last edited:

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Just had a Group FaceTime call.

Zero issues - smooth connectivity and multitasking was great with picture in picture; I had fun “throwing” my friends from corner to corner while I was doing other tasks on my iPad

Modelflier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I’m finding it quite good on my iPad Pro 11”, there are quite a few small hidden features that I’m sure will pop up as people explore deeper. I really think the Widgets need to be made a lot easier to add and remove items
One I like is the ‘double tap to drag’ feature in the Accessibility menu. It makes using Google maps a lot easier.
I have a few apps which are affected, for instance I used to be able to ‘share’ a route on Google Maps, but that seems to be broken, and a couple of Banking apps aren’t working and need updating, but overall I’m liking it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dennis Anderson Julien