iPad Pro for professors/academics instead of PC or Laptop

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I guess not, eh? How about you? Do you use your iPad Pro rather than a laptop?

I would think with the keyboard and an Office suite, you could do ok with it. It would sync to your other machines so would be a nice portable way to do what you needed.

Atindra_Shukla

Sep 2, 2017
Visit site
Yes I do. But not solely. I have a Desktop PC in office and one at home, while iPad is my mobile computer and I use to deliver lectures and ppt presentations. I use it for searching references, downloading papers, create and edit word documents such as reports, manuscripts, question papers etc. My iPad doesn’t have a good chemistry drawing program and that is a drawback and another grief is not having an app like Origin Pro software for graphs, spectra, charts etc. I have purchased iPad Pro, which is yet to be received.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I do use an iPad Pro, but it does not replace my MacBook Pro.
I’ve always felt that I’m able to do more stuff on a laptop as compared to a tablet.

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm a student majoring in Hotel Mangement and own a cellular iPad Mini 4. I used to use my Macbook Air for school, but after getting an iPad, it was powerful enough to replace my laptop so I ended up selling my Macbook. I still have a desktop PC, but whenever I go to class or out in general, I bring my iPad with me along with a bluetooth keyboard. I have an Office 365 subscription so using MS Office and One Drive is great. The screen is a bit small for productivity, but I still love the size for media consumption. There are now a lot of powerful apps available that takes advantage of the hardware, so iPad Pro owners definitely can and should use their iPad for productivity.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR