iPad pro 11" 2020 screen too dark for movies?

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
iPad Pro 11" (2020 screen too dark?
So I finally upgraded my iPad, everything fine up until I opened netflix and started watching some content like Adam Sandler's uncut gem (scene before he's trapped in the trunk) I barely could see anything. The same happened on disney + when watching the lastest mandalorian episode, at the beginning those scenes are very dark, I know, but I really couldn't see much detail.
So I compared scenes with 9.7" iPad pro and a could see everything clearer, I could easily see everything without problem, details I couldn't see in my 11" pro.
How is that possible?
Today I checked out the apple tv show "See" I'm at the very beginning, while in the cave and it's too darn dark!

Before you ask, yes
- the brightness was maxed
- Turned off reduce white point
- Turned off true tone

No changes.

I never had such a hard time watching anything on my iPad. I feel I'm straining my eyes!

Looking around there's only a couple of posts here and there about it. Now I'm wondering, nobody else has noticed anything like it?

I'm between disappointed and upset. Any ideas? Thoughts?

Bla1ze

Staff member
Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Any ideas? Thoughts?

Speaking as someone who doesn't have an iPad Pro to know from experience, I can't really think of anything aside from perhaps maybe something is messed up with the Hardware/OS, in which case I would do a wipe/reset and see if the issue remains. If it does, then it might be time to pop into an Apple Store and do some comparisons or possible return.

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
iPad Pro 11" (2020 screen too dark?
So I finally upgraded my iPad, everything fine up until I opened netflix and started watching some content like Adam Sandler's uncut gem (scene before he's trapped in the trunk) I barely could see anything. The same happened on disney + when watching the lastest mandalorian episode, at the beginning those scenes are very dark, I know, but I really couldn't see much detail.
So I compared scenes with 9.7" iPad pro and a could see everything clearer, I could easily see everything without problem, details I couldn't see in my 11" pro.
How is that possible?
Today I checked out the apple tv show "See" I'm at the very beginning, while in the cave and it's too darn dark!

Before you ask, yes
- the brightness was maxed
- Turned off reduce white point
- Turned off true tone

No changes.

I never had such a hard time watching anything on my iPad. I feel I'm straining my eyes!

Looking around there's only a couple of posts here and there about it. Now I'm wondering, nobody else has noticed anything like it?

I'm between disappointed and upset. Any ideas? Thoughts?

I have the 2018 11” iPad Pro and have not experienced this. I would consider the Apple store for repairs or a swap.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice