IPad Pro 10.5 heating up with average use

susan2010

Jun 11, 2017
Visit site
The back of the iPad is quite warm, after just browsing , texting etc for 45 minutes.
What is normal? This is not something I have noticed in my old iPad Air.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to iMore!

Without knowing exactly how warm it is it's difficult to say. Being a little arm is ok, but you don't want it getting hot. That could mean a few different things; bad battery, bad cpu, or a badly coded app that you've installed.

If the tablet is getting really hot with just average usage; make both an encrypted backup to your pc/laptop using iTunes and also an encrypted backup to iCloud. Then factory reset the tablet and set it up as new.

Before re-installing from backup run the tablet for a day or two doing the same thing you were before when you noticed it heating up. If it gets too hot again then make an appointment with the Genius Bar at your local Apple store. Excessive heat after a fresh reset running nothing but default apps may mean there is something wrong with the hardware.

If it doesn't get hot then you know it was a bad app, and you'll need to figure out which one it is so you can file a bug report with the app developers.

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I think that’s normal. I had that experience when setting up my iPhone for the first day. It was setting up things and downloading iCloud data and photos in the background, making it work more than normal for that initial first week. It went away later, so I don’t think it’s anything to worry about.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal