iPad movie to car monitor

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Ok here is the question
What do I need

I want a flip down monitor in my car don't need a DVD player I want my iPad to plug in like in the front area of car and the movie shows on monitor with sound using car speakers or wireless headsets
I would be using a iPad 4 and iPad 2 mostly
How can I hook the iPad to the monitor to display the video ?

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
The more that I thought about it I prob would need a head unit the supports iPhone or ipad and has a video pass thru so the monitors hook to head unit and the ipad would connect just to the head unit and video / sound would be passed thru the head unit to the monitor and speakers

Brought to you from my iPad 4 LTE routed and bouncing across the globe on multiple servers from Tapatalk !

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
The iPad does not have a "video pass through" capability that I'm aware of... just AirPlay. There may be an in-car entertainment system that is AirPlay ready... I've never looked for one...

The right mount takes seconds, as does plugging audio into an Aux input on a car head-unit... but you've already dismissed that as too cumbersome...

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
The iPad does not have a "video pass through" capability that I'm aware of... just AirPlay. There may be an in-car entertainment system that is AirPlay ready... I've never looked for one...

The right mount takes seconds, as does plugging audio into an Aux input on a car head-unit... but you've already dismissed that as too cumbersome...

Well two kids one ipad I can hear I can't see already lol even if I get another iPad then the movies can't be in sync on both of them so then headphones wires wires and more wires .. That is the simple solution thou

After looking video will pass to the head unit the head unit allows additional monitor video out so hook ipad to head unit via there USB iphone cable and it will pass video and music

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
2 iPads and Bluetooth headphones = no wires 😉 pricey, I know. I got tired of my 2 fighting over "my" iPad so
Santa brought them both iPad minis.

Ya I thought about this way also maybe ill have to upgrade to iPad 5 or mini 2 and pass my ipad down the line lol

I'm pretty handy installing car audio .. Head units .. Speakers .. Amps sub etc so I might just go that route also I guess it depends when I see what kind of work I'm gonna be dealing with lol

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR