iPad mini2 intermittent 3g

Ryan Gill

Aug 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys,
I'm looking for some help in my iPad mini 2, 32GB, wifi and 3G.
I bought the iPad off eBay as damaged in the hope to repair, a gamble I know but I decided to take the risk. I don't know how old the iPad is (not sure if there is a way to find out) but it came in its original box. The iPad had been crushed by something substantially heavy whilst still in the box as there was an outline of the apple charger plug in the rear case which had bent the case and smashed the screen. I repaired the screen without any issues and the iPad worked fine (I only tested on wifi at this point). I then decided to try and change the whole housing, I was aware this was a very tricky job. After stripping the whole device to pieces I reassembled in the new housing. Initially on start up it wouldn't find wifi signal at all but after a little tweaking it worked fine. Now I have purchased a SIM card for it I have discovered the next problem. The 3G is very poor and often says no service, but when it does receive signal it comes and goes irrationally. When the display shows it has signal I try to load a webpage and it says it is not connected to the Internet, then other times it will load up fine. I'm assuming there is an issue with the 3G antenna although I wasn't sure if it could be a software problem and wanted to check before I take it apart again. The software is fully up to date and I've no idea if the iPad is unlocked to any network, so again I'm not sure if this could be causing the problem.
Any advice is appreciated,
Thanks.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal