iPad is literally frozen on spinning circle

blackberrypie01

Dec 10, 2017
Visit site
I was just downloading appcake from cydia (im jailbroken) and then when i clicked the return to spring board i got stuck on the frozen spinning circle! Its not spinning though its just stuck. The back drop of the wheel is black when the background should be white. I don't kow how to fix it and I don't want to spend money all because of that one download from cydia. All the screens it shows are the apple logo, frozen circle, and low battery. I tried hard reseting, regular reseting but they all lead back to the same frozen circle.

darius_robin

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
Wait for the battery to die, then charge it and see if it works. Unfortunately, Apple can’t help with this as your iPad is jailbroken.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully someone with experience with jailbreaking will see this and offer up some advice. We used to have some avid jailbreakers around here but it seems like the jailbreaking community is a dying one.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I remember from my jailbreak times that there was something like a safe environment in which all tweaks and such where disabled. In there you were allowed to disable or remove the problematic tweak and use your iPad.

See if the current jailbreak provides such environment.

Worst case scenario is that you have to put the iPad in DFU mode and do a restore.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Moving this over to our jailbreaking subforum since this is more of a “jailbreaking” issue than an “iPad” issue.